Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitty1234 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 06:01 AM
    What is a commitment
    Hi! Some days my boyfriend and I were talking about if we should live together but for me it is important to get married because I have a little baby and also because it is one of my dreams and I told him that we should make a commitment then he asked what is for you a commitment? I got a bit ashame :confused: because I couldn't answer him in a right way so I need you help me to find the best meaning what commitment means between a couple.

Thanks so much.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 01:13 PM
    A commitment between a couple, is an agrreement to work together, and build a life where they can both be happy.
    mikehst Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Sep 10, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Basically. I agree. If I were to have a commitment into a relationship, I'd want to know that the other person is fully WILLING and sure of what they want before going through with it. Because once you make a big decision like that, it is hard to go back and if you need to go back, that can really hurt the relationship. I don't have much more to say other than just have consideration for yourself and what you want and make sure everything will go the right way. Talk it over with them and plan step by step carefully. Don't just get the money for a place and then go, you need a plan for how to keep that money going. GOOD LUCK =)
    lovinthetrail Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 06:42 PM

Marriage is commitment, not living together. If you love each other enough to move in, but not enough to marry, then you really need to consider why or why not. Look at the long term. Like 10 years from now, and how your baby will be affected one way or the other. Moving in together doesn't have a high success rate, from the statistics I have been exposed to. God bless you in your working it all out!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 06:48 PM

Please post your source on where you saw living together while your not married is harmful to your kids.

Btw, stop opening up threads over 2 years old.

Take a look at the date before you post a response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Commitment phobia [ 5 Answers ]

hi, I and my guy have been together for 10 and a half years. we have parted several times for short durations but keep coming back to each other. we really love each other but we have recently realised that he is commitment phobic...how do we overcome this..he is willing to but we don't know what...

Is she afraid of commitment [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone come across someone like this before? I met a beautiful girl who at Christmas, not long after breaking up with my girlfriend of almost 4 years. We had lots to talk about and a great chemistry. After a few dates when things were progressing she said she was panicking about commitment...

Commitment phobia? [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of this? I was reading about how often the person in the relationship with this issue will come up with reasons as to why you shouldn't be together. However, they don't give you a reason. My boyfriend of almost two years did this my guess is because of two bad past...

Involuntary Commitment [ 1 Answers ]

Do anyone know how to have someone over the legal age of 21 committed to a alcohol treatment facility without their consent in the state of Maryland?? I thank you for any and all information. Dee_Cecil

View more questions Search