Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LDT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 02:01 AM
    Connecting an all-in-one Lexmark 7350
    I have been pulling my hair out. The Lexmark user guide is not very user friendly. How do I connect the all-in-one when I have an external modem and a NON-wireless router. My phone line is a DSL only and do not have an actual phone line near the all-in-one. I have connected the wall "DSL" line to the line on the all-in-one; then the modem to the phone line of the all-in-one. My fax works, but then it will disconnect me from my computer and there is tons of static on the phone line. I have tried to use a filter, but then the fax/computer will not connect to the internet and I get a phone line error on the all-in-one.

I am connected to the computer by a USB so my copy/scan/print works. It is just my fax that I can not seem to connect correctly.

Help! :confused:
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 18, 2007, 10:35 AM
    If you want to use the same phone line for DSL and for Fax, you have to put a filter everywhere that there is anything connected to that line. Make sure you plug the line that goes to the DSL modem into the DSL side of the jack, and the Fax into the Phone side of the jack. The filters are what separate the two, so you can use them both at the same time.

Your DSL modem doesn't connect with a phone line to the computer. It's usually a little black box with a phone line going in, and either a USB or an ethernet cable coming out (ethernet cables look like wide phone cables). It should connect to the computer with either USB or ethernet. You don't need an old phone modem in the computer for it to work, just a network card or a USB port.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lexmark Printer won't Print [ 13 Answers ]

So I installed a lexmark printer and when I send something to be printed, the printer starts, does what it should (?) which to me is printing, and then a blank page comes out. There is nothing at all on it, not even a dirty mark! When I try to print a test page it tells me it is printnig, paper...

Lexmark X2550 [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a Lexmark x2500 printer/fax/scanner on a Power Mac G4 running Panther (OS 10.3.9). When it "almost" finishes installing, it says there were errors in installing yet doesn't tell me what the errors were and how to fix. I downloaded the installer from the Lexmark support site...

Need help reinstalling Lexmark X75 All in One [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, I am new to the forums here. I came here to learn how to fix my own PC problems instead of spending ridiculous money on programmers. And with that, I have come to my first dilemma. I am trying to re-install my Lexmark X75 All in One printer, and I have been nothing but unsuccessful. I...

Lexmark Medley 4C [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what a flashing 'printer code 1,10' means? Lexmark has dropped support for this printer.? Thanks Roy

View more questions Search