Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unknown624 Posts: 111, Reputation: 4

Sep 9, 2007, 06:26 PM
    How do I study?
    I am in grade 11, and I have a quiz tomorrow. I get easily distracted, so I usually do badly on exams. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to keep myself focused, and do good on tests. Any advice or help is great... thanks!:o
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Turn off the TV, turn off the computer (unless you are using it for research) and just put your nose in your book. I know how hard it can be to study. Getting yourself something to snack on while you study always helped me. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Which subjects?

Sep 9, 2007, 06:44 PM
    I'm studying bio 20 right now, but it usually also happens in math, and social, because I hate all those subjects. My favorite subject is english, so I have no problems with that... and I think I'll go get myself a snack :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 06:50 PM
    You've gotten this far despite the problem studying. You must be doing something right.

I hope you got a nice snack. I'm leaving here to have one now. (You made me hungry.)

Sep 9, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Haha I'm sorry :P thanks for your help :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 07:02 PM
    I'm back.

Buy packs of 3x5 cards and make yourself flash cards. On the front put the "question", and on the back put the "answer". You can review alone or with classmates/buddies/Mom.

This system got me through graduate school with mostly As. When I taught school, I always showed my students how to do this too. It's like a trivia game. Plus, you have to review the subject matter as you make up the cards, and also have to boil down the information into little facts to go on the cards.

Sep 9, 2007, 08:07 PM
    OK I made the que cards, and things are going great :) this test is all written, so I'm looking for the most important things that might be on a test, and then I make a question out of that... is that OK?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Sounds like a plan.

Sep 9, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Nice :)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 09:16 PM
    How is studying coming along hun? :)
    vachan Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 01:21 AM
    Well,this is a common problem in most teenagers...
    This method worked awesome for me... try this..
    Just sit in front of your study table before starting... do some deep breathing exercises taught in yoga... (trustme... this is a miracle method)
    Then coool yourself by thinking of a beautifull scenery and concentrate on it for one minute...
    Next close your eyes and run your mind through all your body parts and feel the senses...
    This is going to improve your concentration to the peak... trust me and do these for 10 minutes and you will be able to study for 10 hours without getting distracted... it will take time but keep your focus... whenever you lose focus repeat all exercises and get back... best of luck man
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 02:00 AM
    I hope that unknown624 comes along to see the responses since unknown624 hasn't so much as logged back onto this site since
    Last Activity: Nov 11, 2007 04:49 PM

Nov 25, 2007, 10:38 PM
    Hiii! I'm back! Studying is going great! I have high 80's now. Thanks so much guys!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aves study [ 1 Answers ]

What is a brood patch?

Study help [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good methods of studying for Science? ( like earth science ) I really need to get my grades up. Thanks for the help. :cool:

Evironimentalpact study [ 1 Answers ]

I have a commercial piece of property I wanted to borrow some money on & the bank wanted me to get an environmental impact study 1st.What does this study entail ? What are the procedures ? Thanks, joe

View more questions Search