Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BBRD Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Replace Honeywell R8405 B1017 fan protector relay
    My Honeywell fan protector relay R8405B1017 on my gas furnace with A/C needs to be replaced due to an intermittent terminal. (There was some arcing and it actually melted the spade connector). I cannot find an equivalent relay part#... Google and cross referencing at Honeywell site has no results. What is the new equivalent to this 24 yr old part? Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 10, 2007, 02:05 AM
    The 05 in the relay number means it was made for use in a specific brand of furnace.
    Pease provide the brand and model number of your unit.

All of these parts are available or a Honeywell replacement part will work. The replacement part might not look exactly the same but will function. Post the model and brand so I can look up. NOTE do not remove any wires yet and when you do mark all of them carefully.

Sep 10, 2007, 10:17 AM
    hvac1000 - Thanks for the very quick response!
    The furnace model# is P9UGD11N12001A, make is York, Borg-Warner. Ser# CNNM405746.
    -BBRD

Sep 10, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Sorry no luck on that model. Take the part to the supply house and have them match it up.

Sep 10, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Thanks for trying hvac1000.
    FISCO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BBRD
    My Honeywell fan protector relay R8405B1017 on my gas furnace with A/C needs to be replaced due to an intermittent terminal. (There was some arcing and it actually melted the spade connector). I cannot find an equivalent relay part#... Google and cross referencing at Honeywell site has no results. What is the new equivalent to this 24 yr old part? Thanks.
    Does the R8405B1017 control that is on your furnace have a small transformer on the top and a pull out style relay on the bottom?

Sep 12, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Actually, I made a mistake when quoting the relay part number. Sorry about that.

When inspecting the furnace I wrote everything down and then chose the wrong part# when posting. The actual relay in question is part# R4222B1082 described by Honeywell as a General Purpose Relay with SPDT switching.
    See pg 87 of: http://customer.honeywell.com/download/70-6910.pdf

I've been able to locate a replacement on eBay of all places!

The R8405 B1017 part# I originally quoted was that of the blue Honeywell control box with transformer, R, RC, Y... screw terminals wired to the t-stat, etc.

Thanks for your help.

-BBRD

Sep 12, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Fan protector relay is a bit different that the GP relay. LOL

Glad you got the part and those relays are available at all the supply houses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help to replace thermostat Honeywell T841a for Hunter 44155c [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to replace my T841a 1712 Non-Programmable Heat Pump Universal Thermostat for a Hunter Model 44155C, but I can't make the new unit work.:confused: The Honeywell thermostat has the following connections: Color Cable Terminal Blue -----> X Red -----> W2 ...

Replace old Honeywell timer thermostat [ 19 Answers ]

I have 2 old Honeywell timer thermostats - on 2 floors - wired to my boiler (we have radiant water heating). Both function poorly and I would like to replace with standard round manual thermostats. Problem - I took one of the timer thermostats off the wall - it has 3 wires coming in - 2 black and...

Replace relay on Carrier Weathrmaker 8000 [ 19 Answers ]

Have a carrier weathermaker 8000. Fan will not shut off even when I tunr the switch off. It still blows cool ait when set to Cool and hot air when set to heat. If I turn switch to off it still blows air. I think it could be relay or thermostat. Trying to locate both of those items in unit. ...

Honeywell Aquasat Relay- Water Temp Question [ 1 Answers ]

My oil burner will not go on until the water temperature reaches 130 or 140 deg. And my high is 180 deg and my low is 160 deg. Is the honeywell aquasat relay or the room temperature thermostat located on the wall a probable cause? If not, any other suggestions as to what the problem may be?

Replace Robertshaw 400 series with Honeywell programmable [ 1 Answers ]

Cooling system does not work properly although the heating system works fine. My thermostat is a Robertshaw 400 series installed by my home-builder in 1998. I was informed that the heating/AC system was a (dual) zone system with an upstairs thermostat. I wish to replace this thermostat with...

View more questions Search