Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yarbrough01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 03:37 PM
    What is the reason my weedeater mower want start
    I have a BRIGGS & STRATTON 20" 300 series weed eater lawn mower and it take a long time to start. Sometime it doesn't start at all or it stalls once it get started. If you could give me an answer to my problem I will be grateful.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Possibly Water In The Fuel.
    landsend Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 06:42 PM
    A little research into my weedeater mower I found that the check valve in the carb that controls the suction does not seat. The design flaw without a background spring type to force the check valve to seat will not allow the proper suction. The first indication is the engine running out of gas. Pumping the ball will allow the engine to run for a short time but will over time completely stop suction. As the gasket (neo) has a tendency to curl a small amount without the backstop. I feel this to be a design flaw and weedeater should consider some sort of correction. There will be a time when the engine will not start because of the lack of fuel. The gasket is between the carb body and top. Impossible to really correct problem. Reinstalling will sometimes allow the restarting/running of the engine. Good Luck
    echo srm 230 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 01:15 PM
    When it runs does it puff black smoke out the muffler and rev up and down? If it does then you have to replace the gasket diaphram in between the gas tank and the carburetor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weedeater Riding Mower, Blade won't engage [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Weedeater riding lawnmower model 733-848 or HD12538j. The blade will not engage and I found a spring that fell out. I can't tell by the manual where it goes.

Removing gas from weedeater lawn mower [ 5 Answers ]

How do I drain the gas and oil from my weekeater lawnmower? Where is the air filter? Thanks for the help. It is a weedeater 22" pushmower.

Weedeater Mower [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how to replace the belt on an older model Weedeater/Poulan Lawnmower? If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

WeedEater Brand Lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a New 42" cut Lawn tractor about 9-10yrs ago and I am finally starting to have problems. Today, I had a tensioner pulley freeze up and then it seemed like the transaxle was starting to slip. First, where do I go to get parts on line and second, what can I do to check the transaxle? Any...

Weedeater XT200 won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I had to replace the fuel lines on my weeteater XT200 but it still won't start. Replacing spark plug did not help. Any ideas?

View more questions Search