Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DustinBH Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2005, 09:58 PM
    Door Hinges
    I am buying new door flanges for my house and need to cut the grooves for the flanges and am wondering how to do this. Do I need to use a router and just follow a set marking on the new door? I will be doing this very soon and need help as soon as possible, thanks.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2005, 02:30 AM
    What are these "flanges" that you speak of?

When you mention router, I can only imagine that you are speaking of where hinges go on a door. Is that right?

Sep 16, 2005, 06:26 PM
    Yes, I am sorry I meant hinges.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2005, 08:29 PM
    A router is more quick and easier than a chisel. Just carefully measure and mark everything so the hinges fit into the grooves in both the door and frame.

Sep 16, 2005, 10:13 PM
    I already have the frame up so I shouldn't have to worry about those. Thanks for all the replies, sorry about the weird title.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

Toilet flanges [ 1 Answers ]

Adding a bathroom to a building, someone said they were going to join into the existing wasteline, with some type of above floor flange to hook two toilets into one line. I have never seen or heard of such a flange? Is there such a connection?

Toilet Flanges [ 1 Answers ]

I have read through a thread on toilet flanges and I have a question. I am adding 1/2" of cement board and tiles to my bathroom floor. I plan to raise the toilet flange by cutting the steel flange (rusted) off the PVC pipe and gluing a new flange into the old one after I have put in my floor. My...

Pet Door [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a cinder block house and want to cut out a hole for my cat pet door. Can I do this if the wall is not a load bearing one?:confused: Jansbear

View more questions Search