Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tlynn9617 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but no cable box
    Hi all!

I'm trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 (DVD/VCR combo) player to their Toshiba TV, model number 27AF45. They have cable TV, but no cable box. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. How do I hook up the DVD/VCR player so both DVDs and VHS tapes can be played. Also, they would like to be able to record TV shows on VHS. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
    TLynn
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Sep 9, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Does the TV have av jacks. You know a red, a white, and a yellow terminal? IF so try this connect the cable line to the rf in terminal on the dvd/vcr should be easy to identify. Connect another coaxial cable from the rf out on dvd/vcr to rf terminal on back of TV. Now hook up the av cables one red, one yellow,one white to the av output terminals of your dvd/vcr and connect them to the av inputs on your TV if you have them. If for some reason your TV doesn't have these post back for more info hope this helps.
    Tlynn9617 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Hi ac101 and thanks for helping!

There is no place to connect the cable coming from the wall to the DVD/VCR player. I've purchased a Universal DVD Connection kit now. The TV has a S-Video connection, AV out Jacks (red, white and yellow) and three AV in connections. Two are red, white and yellow, one is green, blue and red.

Any further suggestions?

Tlynn

Sep 9, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Is this a tunerless model? If it has no tuner it can't receive a cable signal or at least I wouldn't think It could unless I missed something. As for as know to get cable signal you need a coaxial hookup. That being said the only function interrupted would be the recording of TV shows. In this case you could run the av jacks from dvd /vcr into TV and cable feed straight to TV . Is there an rf out on the dvd player?

Sep 9, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Just a thought does your TV have av out jacks?
    weeziec932 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 02:11 PM

I do not have a cable box, but a direct hookup (cable in house from TWC) I had a DVD/VCR combo with which I was able to record and play with VCR and play DVD's. The connections were made with a Mini Modulator using coaxil (?) cables.
    My TV only has a coaxil link.
    I purchased a new unit and did tell the salesperson a few times I did not have a cable box and he said I just needed a new modulator. Lo and behold, I need a cable box in order to record. As I do not want to spend an additional $13 a month for another cable box is there any way I can around this
    cfk1948 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 03:57 PM
    Comment on weeziec932's post
    I am having exact problem you are. If you get a reply, would you email me at [email protected],, this really sucks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect LCD TV, DVD/VCR and Cable [ 2 Answers ]

I have Direct TV box and would like to connect a Sharp LC20S2U LCD TV and a JVC HR-XVC37U DVD/VCR. I want to be able to watch TV while the VCR is recording another station. I also have a separate outdoor Antenna that gets very good reception for local stations. I would like to be able to use that...

Connecting DVD recorder to Satellite AND cable box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new panasonic DVD recorder that I am trying to connect to both my Satellite box (for international channels) and my Charter Cable DVR. I have been trying to do this for over a week now and cannot get it to work properly with the Charter Cable DVR. I get the lower channels but not the HD...

DVD with cable and VCR [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to hook-up/use a DVD player without having to disconnect the VCR?I think that I have all of the cables that I need,it's just that now in order to use the DVD,I have to disconnect the VCR.Thanks in advance.

Connect TV,vcr,cable,dvd recorder [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rca big sreen TV, digital cable box, vcr and dvd recorder. I can't seem to get it all connected properly by following the TV instruction guide or the dvd recorder instruction guide. I would like to be able to record dvd's from old vcr tapes, plus be able to have a strong enough signal to...

Connecting cable TV, dvd and vcr [ 1 Answers ]

I have cable TV coming into the house. Want to hook up a DVD player and a VCR to the TV with cable, howis this done.

View more questions Search