Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Thanks - that's what I was getting at... I have trouble getting clear answers using the term God without it meaning anymore than just a name.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 11:26 AM
    For the Deist that believe in afterlife where is it at and what form does the body take? If one at all. Llike alakline. I have many beliefs that do not fit in with a particular group.
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 10, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    For the Deist that believe in afterlife where is it at and what form does the body take? if one at all. Llike alakline. I have many beliefs that do not fit in with a particular group.
    When it comes to deism all deists agree on a few basics, but other than that deists are as varied in their beliefs as everyone. As I said, some believe in life after death & some don't. Most deists don't believe that God intervenes in the world, but some believe God may have intervened at key points in time, such as the evolution of man. As for what form we might take in some afterlife, I have no idea, & as to where it would be, I also have no idea.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Thank you both for answering my questions.
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Sep 17, 2007, 08:13 PM
    So basically,(From what I looked up on Wikipedia and from what Deist said) You reject anything to do with God,Except the creation of the world?

This is interesting. I've never heard about Deist(s?) before.

Sep 17, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen2grace
    So basicly,(From what i looked up on Wikipedia and from what Deist said) You reject anything to do with God,Except the creation of the world?

This is interesting. Iv never heard about Deist(s?) before.
    Most deists believe that God is not involved with the world. I'm surprised you've never heard of deism. Most of the founding fathers of US government were deists, masons, & unitarians. There were actually few christians among the founding fathers.

Sep 17, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    does the "creator" necessarily mean God or are we talking about any type of creator, possibly even another race? I mean are you saying that something, we dont know what, created us, or is it always just "god".. Just curious, I have been struggling to find my following for years, and have settled in the Unitarian universalist realm, but am curious about deism...I have certain ideas on things, and have trouble fitting them in any place.
    I don't believe another race could be the Creator. To speculate that another race are the Creators leaves unanswered the question, Who or what created the universe ? Surely not another race. My personal belief is this: The deity created the original singularity that pre-existed the big bang, & that everything else evolved after it exploded in the big bang. The galaxies, planets, & life evolved over billions of years. I believe this was the deity's intention, but he or It, let things evolve naturally without his further intervention.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Deist,
    I asked a question related to this topic on another thread,
    I removed it from there and put it here.

How do you conduct your life?Is there any basic guidelines you follow?
    And about the afterlife, I know you said you did know for sure,but do you ever think of a judgement after death as a possibility?

Thanks

Sep 17, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Deist,
    I asked a question related to this topic on another thread,
    I removed it from there and put it here.

How do you conduct your life?Is there any basic guidelines you follow?
    And about the afterlife, I know you said you did know for sure,but do you ever think of a judgement after death as a possibilty?

Thanks
    My personal guide is my conscience, & not some holy book. As for a judgment, there may be a judgment after death, but, I personally believe it will be based on what we did & not based on what we believed.
    Ethmer Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2008, 01:22 PM

I guess I am a deist. I do believe in a causative God Force at the beginning of our universe but I don't believe that It meddled with things thereafter.

I do believe in reincarnation and that eventually we will gravitate back into the Oneness of God.

My beliefs are contained in: http://www.asearchfortruth.com/old

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search