Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cltheshrse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Mediation Hearing and being judgement proof
    Hi. I am new to this site and am panicked about a mediation hearing that I have to attend tomorrow. I moved to Florida in 2004 and shortly after, my financial situation became so bad that I could not pay my mortgage and my credit card debt. I as barely able to pay for immeiate living expenses. My house went into foreclosure and I managed to sell it in the 11th hour to keep from losing it. I only got about 3,000 in proceeds from the sale. I spent every bit of that very fast paying back friends that had lent me money to survive up to the sale of my house. To make matters worse, I lost my job last Sept just after the foreclosure started. I collected unemployment for 3 months and then it ran out. I sold everything that I owned and am now living day to day with no real job. I do odd jobs for friends if and when they need me to help them out for a few dollars. I have a 2004 car that I am two payments behind on at the moment. Now, they are threatening repossession. I have a joint bank account with a friend for emergencies that is under their name, not mine as the primary account holder. My personal bank acct has less than $50 in it and has been pretty empty for the past year. Does anybody know what I can expect from this hearing? They served the papers at my old house, so they must now know that it was sold. What information about me do they have and what should I disclose in regard to the house, my piece work job and car. A friend told me not to worry as I have nothing left for them to take... which is true, and that makes me judgement proof.. but I am still scared to death. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 9, 2007, 11:39 AM
    First we can't tell you about the mediation hearing since you gave us no info about it. Who is the creditor, what debt is it in reference to?

As for your checking account, it doesn't matter whether you are primary or secondary. If it's a joint account they can attach it.

As to what you disclose, tell the truth you will be under oath.
    cltheshrse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Thanks Scott. Sorry, it is for a credit card debt of about $1500 that I haven't paid on since early 2005. Of course I don't intend to lie, but I don't want to blurt out information that would be in my best interest to keep to myself unless asked. Thanks for your fast reply.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 9, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Then you carefully consider every question asked and answer as tersely as you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mediation experience [ 6 Answers ]

Anything anyone can tell me about mediation would be a huge help. Specifically, child custody.

Mediation how to [ 2 Answers ]

I could use any info about mediation that anyone might know.

Mediation [ 2 Answers ]

My friend took a dna test and the child is his. She's 2 1/2 months old now and he is seeking 50/50 joint custody, what is his chance of getting it? I think the judge will not give him joint custody because the child is so small and has been living with the mother since birth. And also will the...

Divorce mediation rip off [ 5 Answers ]

This is complicated. I'll try to keep it short. Here goes. My wife moved out of the house and left me with our 2 children. I filed for divorce. When she got the papers she lied and said the kids were living with her and therefore got temporary custody. While she had temporary custody, she moved...

Mediation or Insurance? [ 10 Answers ]

I accidentally bumped into the car in front of me and caused a small crack on the back bumper of the car in front. However, because of the crack, the driver says he needs to replace his whole bumper which would probably cost over $600. He said he will not call my insurance if I agree to give...

View more questions Search