Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkisixx96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Unused bathroom sink won't drain properly
    I have a bathroom sink on the 2nd floor that hardly sees any action (maybe once every 3wks). The sink will drain but it takes quite some time to drain. Any suggestions on how to get this working properly again?
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Sep 9, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Sounds like there's crud that has dried up in the trap.

Try some "slow drain cleaner" to loosen it up. Follow directions, flush with LOTS of hot water afterwards.

If this doesn't work, remove trap and crud.

Let us know if this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I properly bury unused elcectic wire? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am remodeling my bathroom. The original heating had electric baseboard. The new heating installed years ago is now oil fired forced hot air. I removed the old electric baseboard and now have an unused wire. What is the safest way of burying this wire? Thanks, Kevin

Bathroom sink drain [ 4 Answers ]

How do I remove the bathroom sink drain plug to clean out hair? It is draining slow and needs to be cleaned out.

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Bathroom sink drain trap [ 1 Answers ]

I've installed a new bathroom vanity. The drain line, which comes through the floor, not the wall, is in the exact center of the vanity; the drain from the sink is likewise centered. How do I install a trap given the two pipe are centered exactly above one another and are not offset? Do I even...

Bathroom Sink Filling From Drain [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I've got quite a situation going here. I own a townhouse, and have a second floor bedroom/bath that is rarely used. About a week ago I went into that bathroom to discover that the sink was full of a coppery colored water, and sediment coated the sink. Apparently it had also overflowed at some...

View more questions Search