Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abcs Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2005, 01:30 PM
    Pet Insurance
    Does anyone have here have pet insurance? If so, what company do you use and are you happy with the coverage? I've been looking into this lately for my dogs after losing my cat to cancer, which we chose not to treat partly for financial reasons. Most of the policies I've looked at don't seem to have very good coverage, though. For one of the treatment options I could have explored for my cat, for example, most policies would only have paid $300 of an estimated $1000 cost. Because I'm not interested in routine coverage, it seems like a waste of money--I could easily spend more money in premiums than I would ever save if one of my dogs developed a catastrophic medical condition. So what's the deal: is pet insurance a scam or a smart decision?
    becky92029 Posts: 104, Reputation: 3

Sep 15, 2005, 02:57 PM
    Oh, I hope someone will be able to answer this one well!
    I've spent almost $800 on vet bills in the last 3 months on 3 of my 4 dogs on things that weren't routine but the insurance premiums seem outrageous.
    Kissychks Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2005, 08:59 AM
    Insurance
    I don't know if this will help but I recently got on a wellness plan from Banfield. (It's the vet's office at petsmart). It isn't really insurance, but it does cover a lot of really great things. For instance, vaccinations, heart worm desting, all doctor visits, all bloodwork, dental exams, and things like that are covered under the program. If you go to petsmart.com there are links to it. It is pretty affordable (probably around $200 a year but you can pay monthly at no extra charge) and gives you up to a 15% discount on everything that is not directly covered under the program. I hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Insurance help [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone could help me with some answers. I have insurance threw work and I got into a bad accident I then lost my job and took cobra to keep up the insurance. Well since then I was told that the place I worked for is changing insurance and I would also have to. So I did and...

Car insurance [ 5 Answers ]

What is the minimum amount of coverage needed by law.

Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know which insurance companies cover bed and breakfast establishments in Montana. We currently have insurance but need a more competitive quote.

View more questions Search