Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tla23t Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 04:38 AM
    What does it mean if my dog stops eating and responding?
    I have a 7 month old Beagle and for the past two day he has not eaten. He no longer wags his tail when I call him. He doesn't respond when I call him. He will look at me but not get up. Last night he was drooling bad. What could be wrong with him?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 04:40 AM
    He is very sick take him to the vet now
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Read through the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171

Don't worry about him not eating, but the other symptoms suggest a problem.
    As far as somebody here being able to say what is wrong and how to help, it is impossible. He needs to see a vet. The only doubt in my mind is whether it is OK to wait until tomorrow , or if you should try to find one today.
    pawsdogdaycare Posts: 92, Reputation: 5
    -

Sep 10, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Agreed, dog is in sick... go to vet..

Sep 10, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Thanks to all. I took him to the vet this morning and we found out he has Parvo. He is still at the vet now. They are keeping him over night. They are not sure if he will make it through the night.
    tairyn123 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Sep 10, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Good luck, Parvo is one of the worst diseases puppies can get. I hope the little guy pulls through... :(

Sep 12, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Well he passed away. They did everything they could but nothing worked. I'm just glad he's not in pain anymore.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Sorry for your loss. I hope you will give yourself a chance to mourn and heal after your loss
    MrPippin Posts: 87, Reputation: 17
    -

Sep 13, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tla23t
    Well he passed away. They did everything they could but nothing worked. I'm just glad he's not in pain anymore.
    I am sorry for your loss tla23t. It can be hard to vaccinate puppies successfully against Parvo because often the mother's anti-bodies can interfere with the vaccination. Many vets recommend vaccinating every 3 to 6 weeks for Parvo starting at about 6 weeks and continuing until the puppy is 16 to 20 weeks old.

I know it breaks your heart to have lost this puppy, but when you are finished grieving, there are plenty of more puppies needing a good loving home.

Sep 13, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Once again thanks to all of you for your help. I'm not sure if I will be getting another dog anytime soon. We lost another dog 2 months ago due to a pygmy rattlesnake so I think I will take a break for a while. I do love dogs very much but my 7 year old son can't take anymore heart break right now. Maybe in a years we will get another dog. Thanks guys and take care!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hp cd/dvd writer stops responding [ 11 Answers ]

When I play a dvd everything is fine. When I put in a cd, it tries to start and then stops. How can I fix this. I am using a hp computer and windows xp.

Dog not eating [ 1 Answers ]

My 16 month old Dachshund will not eat his food. He was eating his new dry food great for about 2 months then suddenly stopped. I know he is hungry as he begs terribly for the food I am eating. I do feed him "treats", dog raw hides and peanut butter/banana mixtures. For awhile he would eat his...

My dog is 50 days old and is not eating Dog chow [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My dog name is scoobee, golden labarador,n is 50 days old,he became thin after vaccination ,got fever.. n when I try to feed him Dog chow he simply deny to intake... kindly suggest me... how to attract him in eating of Dog chow as it contains all the minerals and suppliments to good growing...

Media player stops responding [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I load a video from the internet/play one from my PC it'll start the video then freeze and continue playing sound but media player will be 'not responding'. When I 'end now' the PC either freezes completely or everything freezes apart from I can still move the mouse about, although...

View more questions Search