Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makdan Posts: 46, Reputation: 3

Sep 8, 2007, 05:46 PM
    difference between DVD+ and DVD-
    I would like to make a copy of some DVDs I own to let others borrow without risking loss of the originals. I have several questions:

1. Should I use DVD+ or DVD-? What is the difference and how do I tell which I need to use?
    2. What is the significance of something like 16x, relative to DVDs I can purchase?
    3. What can I do if the original is 4 hours and the capacity of the DVDs I buy is only 2 hours? Can I spread the original over 2 DVDs? How?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Look here: What is DVD?

and also under LISTS

1. Depends on what the source will record and the target player DVD-R best choice.
    2. 16x is the max recording speed. It also depends on what burner is capable of.
    3. I can't answer.
    SabbzR Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Sep 8, 2007, 06:33 PM
    1. "What's the Difference between DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM?" from the Ask Dave Taylor! Tech Support Blog

2. the speed written on the DVD cover tells you how fast stuff can be written to the dvd. If you buy a 8x dvd with a dvd-writer that can do 16x it means that the dvd writer can only write @ 8x. But if u buy a 16x dvd the writer will write @ 16x.
    BUT if you get a 16x dvd and your writer can only write @ 8x then the writer will only write @ 8x.

3. yes you can spread the original over 2 dvds, but the process is different for different formats (movie, music etc). Try using Google to find specifc help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD ROM and DVD RW drives won't read any discs. [ 18 Answers ]

I've tried a few discs in both drives and neither of the drives can read them. It's like there's nothing in the drives. :confused:. I think it might be a problem to do with some software I had installed 'Sonic software'. I have now removed this but the CD drives still have an exclamation mark next...

My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,CD not reading [ 8 Answers ]

My Samsung DVD writer reads only DVD disk,when I insert ordinary CD ,it can't read.I need to solve this problem

VCR/DVD Combo, DVD Recorder hookup to Satellite TV [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hookup a VCR/DVD combo and a DVD Recorder to my TV. I have satellite TV, but the satellite receiver is not connected to the same TV. I have read and reread all four books and can not figure it out. I want to be able to record from the television to both the VCR and the DVD...

Dish network hookups to DVD HDD, TV, and DVD player [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Dish Network 301 Satellite box I want to hookup a Pioneer DVD-640H HDD, so I can record from my dish channels to my DVD and/or HDD, I have an older Panasonic TV that has connections: ANT 1, ANT 2, audio (re-white RCA type) and also S-Video input and RCA a/v (yellow-red-white) input. ...

View more questions Search