Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 10, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Hun, it may not be much help here and I see you already have a bunch of great advise, but I cannot help adding my $.02 ;)

I found my MOH's dress on eBay for $21.21 (with shipping) Lots of people there buy stock from out-of-business dress shops and sell them for a profit. (When this one came, it had a $180 price tag still attached) Its common now to have each girl or just the MOH in a different dress... though it may be the same color. Maybe you could find a similar dress on eBay and stand out slightly as MOH?

Netbride.com is another place I looked into. They are a brick and mortar store that sells/ships directly to you, cheaper. My own dress was $630 in the salon, Netbride sold it to me for $371. They have bridesmaid dress there too, s you might be able to get the same dress; much cheaper. (you can email them for a free quote)

HTH :D
    Survivor

Sep 10, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    Originally she just told me to get a dress in a wine/chambord color that was cocktail length and I could get it anywhere. Which meant that I could find something at a discount store for probably $50 - totally affordable.

The new dress is about $500 not including alterations, shoes, accessories, etc
    WHAT!! A bridesmaid dress should NEVER cost that much! My bridal gown was just over 1/2 that! My word. :(
    Survivor

Sep 10, 2007, 01:10 PM
    You're welcome Glinda. Let me know if that works. If not, there are some other sites I can refer you too... but I had personal experience with Netbride, so I can tell you they are GREAT to work with. Got my own quotes within 24 hours... and I asked for tons of them. ;)
    Picassa Posts: 42, Reputation: 6

Sep 11, 2007, 03:05 PM
    I am a little late in coming to this picnic, but I have to echo the sentiments expressed above. You are not being unreasonable. The bride is if she expects you to back down on your early declaration that you weren't in a position to buy an expensive throw away dress. If the bride feels so strongly about these dresses, then maybe she should pay for them as her"gift" to her bridal attendants. If not the whole dress, maybe half. I did this with my own wedding 17 years ago. Many of my attendants were older (30-ish) and even though they all had careers, I felt that paying for half of the dress they would likely only wear once was the very least I could do.
    Is this one maid she's changing everything for a future family member, by any chance?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Nope not a future family member. Fortunately "dress wise" her future SIL is a tall, willowy model type.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maid Of Honor Toast needed quick.. HELP [ 1 Answers ]

I know it's the 11th hour, but my daughter is in desperate need for a short, cute and memorable Maid of Honor Toast for a wedding she is going to attend tomorrow (9/20). If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. **She is Maid of Honor for her best friend.

I am getting sexually attracted to my maid [ 5 Answers ]

I am aged 39. We have a maid in our house who is also the same age. I am getting sexually attracted towards her day by day. Is there any way I can have a normal sex with her. I cannot take a risk of forced sex. Are there any means by which I can make her want sex. I am also afraid of giving her...

Matron of Honor under 18 [ 3 Answers ]

I am the matron of honor in my cousin's wedding. We didn't know if I would be able to sign as the witness on the marriage license at the wedding, even though I am under 18. Does anyone know about this? Thanks :)

Honor Father with a song [ 4 Answers ]

My father passed away 6 months ago and I am engaged to be married later in the year. We were very close, and of course I'm going to miss having him there on the wedding day. He and I talked about our father-daughter dance, but never picked a song. There are a couple of beautiful songs (for example,...

I just maid a mistake and broke up with her what do I do. [ 17 Answers ]

Threads merged Me and my Ex-girlfriend have been together for 2 1/2 years now. In the beginning like so many other relationships we were really into each other. With out having sex. When I met her she had an ex-boyfriend that she frequently visited in jail. I did'nt have a problem with it in the...

View more questions Search