Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smileyrich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2005, 05:29 PM
    Need advice... in a mess
    I'm in a mess. My girlfriend happens to be still legally married to another man. However she is pregnant by me. She is under the impression she can't get divorced because she is pregnant even if it's by me. Is this the truth or what? :confused:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2005, 05:23 AM
    Mess
    Hi,
    No, I can't see where you are in a mess. You got a married woman pregnant; this gives you no legal rights.
    When you say "still legally married", do you mean they are still living together?
    Does she want a divorce? Yes, being pregnant by another man while still married is grounds for divorce, if the husband wants to pursue it!
    Just about anything is grounds for divorce nowadays; cause the fact is, over half of marriages end in divorce!
    You should realize that a divorce isn't up to you. You are simply a man who got a married woman pregnant; that's all. A divorce is up to the man and woman who are married. If the woman wants to tell her husband that the child is his, no question, there is nothing you can do about it.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bubbly Mess [ 4 Answers ]

Okay. Here's the deal. I live an about a 50 year old house, concrete slab, city sewer line, with two huge trees in my front yard. Recently when washing clothes in my washer I have noticed that detergent tinted water backs up into my main bathroom via the drain in the tub. Not only is it a little...

My Cat + Water = Big Mess! Help! [ 8 Answers ]

My cat Oscar LOVES his water. He loves his water so much anytime i lay down a fresh bowl of water for him he puts his front paws in it, drinks a little and scoops some water out. Drinks some more and scoop more water out. He'll do this until all the water is all over the kitchen floor. I can't take...

I'm in a wiring mess [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up my ac, Make a long story short I had to put in a sub panel to run it, now I have 220v going to the a/c, but the 110v is dead, so I traced it to the 24v/110v thing. Well my problem is I unhooked the wires and forgot what went where. I got the black and white hooked up OK, it's...

Cops mess up bad [ 1 Answers ]

This morning on the way to work I got pulled over. The cop said he ran my plate number and he said my license had expired. I just got my license in march. I guess he couldn't read because right on my lic. It said it expires to 2008. They impounded my car. I lost a day at work. Cause they messed...

View more questions Search