Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billp Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2005, 02:11 PM
    Humor. Just what is a bralet?
    Is it a small bra? Is it a french bra? Is it the same as a bralette? Is it less expensive than a bra? Like bra-bralet-bralette--all getting less expensive? Is it only for small breasts? (That wouldn't be fair). If it is a small bra, then what is a demi-bra? If it is a small bra, then what is a large bra? Can it be strapless? Can it have underwire? Can it be padded, or have adjusters? Is a bralet to be worn under a bra? Over a bra? (Like pant-panty). In addition to a bra? In subtraction? (How would that work? Hmmmmm... ) If so, then how is it different from a "bra"? When you get right down to it, there seem to be more types of bras then there are any other single female fashion contrivance except shoes! And even with all that variety, have you ever found one that you (or your female companion) actually is happy with? When getting ready for the party, it always seems to be the last thing--the shoes, and the bra. "The strap is showing" or, "it pinches" or, "I don't like the way it looks" or, "I don't like the way it makes me look" (takes it off). "Oh, now I'm all hanging out." "Now what?" "Where's my other dress" (the one that does not need a bra). Never mind honey, you look fine without it, let's deal with the shoes.

Somehow there don't seem to be any men's fashion items like that. Certainly the variety in men's underwear is pretty limited (unless you go to europe, where it is all too small or too tight even if it is "extra large"). It is either a t-shirt, or a tank, or a ribbed tank, or a muscle shirt (the last two are the same). Rarely do we have to struggle with the fit so much. Even the nether regions vestments seem far less problematical for either the boys or the girls. I think only the tie creates a problem for the men. Perhaps now that the prince of Denmark "banned" them by ceremoniously cutting his off one day, then men's fashion will get too easy.

So, am I on to something? If architects like to design chairs as a sort of "test of creativity and their ability to strip awy all of the noise and focus on the essentials of design for the human form" then does the bra(let) serve the same purpose for the fashion designer? Seems like they all have an attempt out there. Heck, eve the aerospace people seem to be getting into the act! To think that keeping a breast from falling off would require such technical prowess!

It seems like they are equally ill-fitting regardless of the sex of the designer. You would think this is odd, but perhaps it says something about the idea of bras as a concept. Like, shouldn't you say to your mom, "you want me to do what with that thing? They feel perfectly fine to me the way they are!" :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 1, 2005, 09:50 PM
    A bralet is a type of bra worn by women, young and older. Women who are nursing also wears it. It comes in all sizes and yes, it's adjustable. I prefer lace and satin bras, but I heard bralets are really comfortable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Tell the Sex of a Fly - Humor [ 2 Answers ]

=: How to Tell the Sex of a Fly := A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter. "What are you doing?" she asked. "Hunting flies" he responded. "Oh. Killing any?" she asked.

Writing Humor for Greeting card companies [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to know how greeting card companies judge verse submissions from freelance writers before they accept any writing idea submitted. Is there any formula for writing acceptable humor for all the greeting card companies out there.

How do you feel about mixing humor with advices? [ 8 Answers ]

How do you feel about mixing humor with advices? I want to give good answers to questions but I would like to add humor while I am doing it. Sure, I don't want to do it when questions are rather serious. I just want to do it when topics are on the lighter side. Is it just me or others feel the...

View more questions Search