Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srarmstrong Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Evaporation Line?
    All right. I need advice. I am now 6 days late. I took a FRE pregnancy test last Sunday, it was (-). I took another one 2 days ago, a faint line showed up after 20 minutes. I heard if you took the test apart, an evaporation line WOULD NOT be on the backside of the test strip. Is this true? I took the test apart, and there was 2 lines. Can evaporation lines show up on the backside or what? Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Don't take the test apart. Follow the directions on the test for the best results. For the most accurate results it is important that you take the test using first morning urine. Most results are false if you wait to read them after the required time.

Sep 8, 2007, 12:27 PM
    I took it apart, and there were 2 lines on the back. Can evap lines show up on the back?
    Expert

Sep 8, 2007, 12:30 PM
    I haven't a clue as this is not the proper way to take a pregnancy test.

Forget this one as you tampered with it, so the results may be totally unreliable, and take another one in the morning following the directions exactly.

Sep 8, 2007, 09:52 PM
    No, I did take it correctly. Just accidentally checked after 20 minutes instead of 3mins. I took it apart AFTER taking the test. Was wondering if you knew about "evap" lines and if they show up on the backside of the stick.
    Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Since you read the test after 20 minutes as opposed to the directed 3 minutes, your reading was a false reading. Whether you take it apart or not, those lines were inaccurate and the test needs to be taken again.
    poppy_seed Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Have a look at PeeOnAStick.com they do all sorts of funky things with home pregnancy tests. Plus answer loads of questions such as yours, I hope it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I eliminate/rewire my DSL/Fax line to home phone line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

Evaporation of water [ 3 Answers ]

How the water present in ponds got emptied in summer, without getting the temp of 100 degre centigrade. Plaese explain the phenomenon.

Cooling tower evaporation, blowdown, makeup and cycles [ 0 Answers ]

Here are the governing relationships for the makeup flow rate, the evaporation and windage losses, the draw-off rate, and the concentration cycles in an evaporative cooling tower system: http://www.air-dispersion.com/CoolingTower.gif M = Make-up water in gal/min C = Circulating water in...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search