Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajguliani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2005, 12:39 PM
    Atlanta
    I have a question regarding the taxes in Atlanta. I have a job offer from a company at 57000/year. I would like to know what my take home pay will be after all the deductions e.g. federal/state/social security/medicare...
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 15, 2005, 04:18 AM
    Rajguliani:

Federal taxes are the same across the country.

There is a Georgia state income tax. The tax is relatively simple to calculate, with a $920 tax levy on the first $20,000 and a flat tax of 6% for every dollar over $20,000.

There is a state sales tax of 4%, with local assessments that can raise the total sales tax up to 7%, depending on the county in which the sale occurs.

There are no city or county income taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General Announcement from Atlanta Tax Expert [ 4 Answers ]

I am about to leave to attend my nephew's wedding, so I will not have ready access to the Internet. I will try to log on when I can to answer your questions, but expect some delays until I return Sunday evening.

Best place to buy hard drives in or around atlanta [ 1 Answers ]

I'm new in atlanta ga and wondering if anyone nows a low cost place to buy hardware. I look through the phone book but there are so many places I thought I would see if anyone had any insight. I usually build my own and need hard drives, processors, video cards, etc...

Question to Senior Expert Atlanta [ 1 Answers ]

Does a Not-for-Profit Organization have to pay Income tax or any other kinds of tax? The main concern is Organization but not the employees or employers. But if there are differences, please explain. Thanks for being helpful all the time...

View more questions Search