Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mford311 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Need a Lender to refinance Contract For Deed
    My wife and I purchased a property that was in a distressed situation one year ago from 8/31/07. In order for us to secure the property we decided to enter into a contract for deed. The contract for Deed was filed at the courthouse to show vested interest for one year on the property. My wife and I name are on title of the property. The lease agreement is owner financed at zero interest for the duration of year. We are now needing to refinance the contract for deed to pay off the Sellers. Since the mortgage world is in total choas. We are having difficulty finding a lender with the guidelines that will allow a refinance on a contract for deed. Any suggesstions?

We are investors and presently own several rental properties in addition to this property which has been our primary residence for the last year.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Sep 8, 2007, 09:13 AM
    If you in fact have a Contract For Deed, you and your wife should not be on title to the property; nor is it a lease. FNMA reg 604.02 state: "When the proceeds ...are used to pay off...an installment land contract (CFD)...that was executed within the 12 months preceding the date of the loan application, we will consider the transaction to be a purchase money transaction... and the LTV will be based on the purchase price. When the installment land contract was executed more than 12 months ago... it is a limited cash out refinance transaction... and the LTV will be determined by the appraised value." You may have to put more cash into the transaction to make it work. Also you will have to provide a documented payment history for the debt.

Since you own other investment properties, you will have to satisfy the lender that this is a bona-fide Owner Occupied loan. You should be able to accomplish what you seek, provided that everything else (credit, income etc.) is in order.
    cityofthenation Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2012, 04:42 AM
    I have an agreement for Deed contract. I bought the property for 140,000. I owe 116,000.00 at this time. I have poor credit around 580. I do make $4,400.00 a month. Can someone help me get a mortgage to pay the agreement for deed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit Claim Deed/Contract for Deed [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I have posted before. I had a contract for deed piece of property, and have myself been going back and forth with a lawyer and the client. Trying to make a offer to end this nightmare. I offered them 1000.00 in 10 payments and at the end of that to sign a quitclaim deed or 500.00 and...

Contract for deed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a contract for deed on a house for 105,000, I put down 7,000 and pay 1,245.00 a month, I have paid this amount for the last year. When we first decided to get the house it was renting for 950 a month but when they seen we were looking to buy they talked my husband into paying 1245 a month...

Contract for deed [ 1 Answers ]

I am entering into a contract for deed will I be able to write off the interest I will be paying on my taxes?

How will Quit Claiming a Deed to me allow me to refinance a mortgage in my name only [ 2 Answers ]

I am living in a relatives home and paying rent. My relative wants to Quit Claim the deed to me so that I can refinance the mortgage in my name. My relative has not lived in this home for over a year and she wants to get rid of this obligation a cheaply as possible. How can we do this, legally? (In...

Contract for Deed again [ 2 Answers ]

I don't understand. We own 20 acres. There is another 20 acres next to us that our neighbor wants to sell. They are asking way more than the value. So we did some research and found out that it is a contract for deed. We contacted who the deed is with and he said he will sell the property to us...

View more questions Search