Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alhomaid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 03:45 AM
    Startup error on windows XP
    Dear Mr. /Miss.
    I did deleted the RVHOST.EXE file from my system but still whenever I logon on my windows I get a message says (Windows cannot find the RVHOST.EXE) this message mean that there is a service or a command trying to executed but it could not find the file specified because I did remove it.
    Please advise me to find where is that place to stop getting this message whenever I tried to login.

Best Regards,
    Ahmad AL Homaid
    DJSpooky Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 04:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alhomaid
    Dear Mr. /Miss. ,
    I did deleted the RVHOST.EXE file from my system but still whenever I logon on my windows I get a message says (Windows cannot find the RVHOST.EXE) this message mean that there is a service or a command trying to executed but it could not find the file specified because I did remove it.
    Please advise me to find where is that place to stop getting this message whenever I tried to login.

Best Regards,
    Ahmad AL Homaid
    Best option re-install windows or run repair command when you go to install xp
    alhomaid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSpooky
    Best option re-install windows or run repair command when you go to install xp
    Dear Sir,

It's not easy to reinstall windows, more over if I did not solve it without format I will never touch the PC again because I will not be qualified to have it. :(

Regards,
    Ahmad AL Homaid
    DJSpooky Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 02:05 AM
    Another little trick you can try (this works with dll's sometimes) is get hold of a copy of the missing file and install it back into the folder it came from. I would imagine this would be the windows system folder. That should solve the problem.

Google for the file that your missing.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 03:25 AM
    Please look at this before you decide what to do next

RVHOST.EXE - Google Search

RVHOST.exe - Program Information

Think this is part of Yahoo Messenger -- Can you remove Yahoo or disable it at Startup

Download Files at SnapFiles - software reviews, download freeware and free trial programs
    tamilselvan Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2007, 12:31 AM
    How to remove a RVHOST.exe in my notebook
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tamilselvan
    how to remove a RVHOST.exe in my notebook
    You should start your own question that way you get required help...
    Madrocky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 07:45 PM
    I'm also having the same problem when startup.
    hiddz23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 01:38 AM
    editing the registry, (but be careful) find the registry (in winXP) hkey_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Schedule
    on the right side search the "attaskmaxhours" with the value of 0, change the value to 24

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows XP Startup Problems [ 4 Answers ]

My son has managed to mess up his PC so that now when he turns it on, Windows begins to load like normal and then after a few seconds cuts to a black screen with white type apologizing that things didn't go as planned and offering a few options to correct the matter, like reverting to the last time...

No video on startup of windows XP(home) [ 1 Answers ]

I recently encountered a problem with my video on a Sony VAIO laptop. The viewable area of the screen became much smaller and srrounded by black. Being a genius I decided to fix the problem and disabled the driver to reinstall it. Subsequently my computer locked up. Upon reboot the VAIO screen...

Windows Startup Error [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I'm trying to help my sister with her computer because she can't get online. When she turns her computer on (windows 98) she gets a message stating that there is a windows startup error. It says "try loading SBEINIT.CO before SMARTDRV.exe or minimizing VDISK".How do we do this and what caused...

Windows 2000 startup services [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ASP application installed on IIS, using MS SQL server on windows 2000 server. Sometimes if server restarts and it is not given a login id and password the server allows opening of ASP pages, retreival of data on the application but if a new record is saved, it gives error and it does not...

View more questions Search