Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meme2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2005, 06:56 AM
    Computer engineering project
    Hi to all, I'm new here and I want to ask... :confused: does anyone have a good idea for a computer Engineering project especially in hardware or networking??
    Thanks... :)
    gravel rash lil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 12:13 PM
    I've posted a thread asking for help on advice on how to build a server for our office. This would make an ideal project for you as it is a real life scenario.

We are looking for a server to test our web sites on, store data and work in progress. Because is will be a web server we have to think about back up. For example if one drive fails, the next one kicks in etc. We need a ups battery, and back up of all drives. In emergency we will need a removeable hard drive so we can run out the building with it if there was a fire. A system to back up data off site if the equipment was stolen.

With a project like this you would have to consider different types of hard drives, recommend where the server should be kept and in what conditions and build a system that would be able to cope with a lot of users on a network accessing the data.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Sep 25, 2005, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meme2005
    Hi to all, I'm new here and I want to ask .... :confused: does anyone have a good idea for a computer Engineering project especially in hardware or networking???????
    thanx.............. :)
    Without knowing which level you are at, it will be difficult but I will give it a shot.

Design a simple network card. If this is too hard, you can start by looking at other card designs and improve on it with additional HW features.
    luckysmash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 10:21 PM
    I've posted a thread asking for help on advice on how to build a server for our office. This would make an ideal project for you as it is a real life scenario.

We are looking for a server to test our web sites on, store data and work in progress. Because is will be a web server we have to think about back up. For example if one drive fails, the next one kicks in etc. We need a ups battery, and back up of all drives. In emergency we will need a removeable hard drive so we can run out the building with it if there was a fire. A system to back up data off site if the equipment was stolen.

With a project like this you would have to consider different types of hard drives, recommend where the server should be kept and in what conditions and build a system that would be able to cope with a lot of users on a network accessing the data.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engineering drawing [ 3 Answers ]

Short question and answer about engineering drawing

Schorlaship for masters in computer engineering [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a fourth year female student at Maseno University in Kenya, pursuing a degree in computer engineering. I will be graduating in December and will want to go for Masters in any university in U.K. preferably Imperial college london. Is there any scholarships offered or any financial Aid I...

View more questions Search