Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Sweating and burning calories
    Does sweating count as aerobic excersize?
    strangeparoxysm Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 01:31 PM
    No, just sweating is bad for you, your losing the fluid in you body which will make you dehydrated. Then when you get a drink, it will be back
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeparoxysm
    No, just sweating is bad for you, your losing the fluid in you body which will make you dehydrated. Then when you get a drink, it will be back
    Sweating is your body's way of keeping you cool. It is not a bad thing, but you are right in the fact that you need to stay well hydrated while you exercise.

To the OP, sweating in itself does not burn calories, but the exercise you do to cause you to sweat is what burns the calories. :)
    strangeparoxysm Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 01:38 PM
    I meant just sweating alone to try to lose weight is bad. Not sweating to stay cool

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many calories? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 15 year old girl, and I am 5'6". I currently weigh 113.5 pounds. How many calories should I take in each day (with light exercise) to maintain this weight?

Exercise and calories 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Now I am totally confused? First you need to burn more than you eat? Now its eat more than you burn? How many calories should I be having if my ideal weight is suppose to be 170 lbs for 5'11?

Exercise and calories [ 3 Answers ]

How come if I burn more calories than I consume , I still gain weight? Do I have to exercise myself to death to drop weight? I walk about 30-60 minutes a day... consume around 1051 calories and still gained? My pedometer said I burned 1128 calories? What gives?

Burning Calories [ 3 Answers ]

Is There Really Much Of A Difference Between Jogging And Using A Stationary Bike At Home. I've Heard 30 Minutes Of Cardio Is Good... but Which One Would Burn Calories More To Lose The Fat?

Calories [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website where you can give them your intake of daily foods and work out your calories.

View more questions Search