Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jezikahluv Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 05:05 PM
    To Live In Europe?
    Hello, I am a US citizen, trying desperately to move abroad. I have a 4yr old child and no set career as of yet. How would I go about living and working as a duel citizen in Europe or the surrounding areas? I'm very interested in settling in the general region. What is the level of difficulty for a complete transition such as this?
    Anything on the price of living, jobs, visas, passports, citizenships, etc...
    Thank You
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Hello there. I'm american, and I've been living in italy for the last 7 years.

Here are some basic ideas.

It's not easy to move to another country, but people do manage to do it all the time. When I moved here, I had a lot of money saved up. It kept me going for a year. If I had wanted a job, I probably would have wound up bartending (although in the u.s. I would be holding a high-paying job in a professional career. It takes a long time to learn another language fluently.

You said dual citizen. I have dual citizenship because my mother is from sweden (in the EU). You can't get dual citizenship unless you have this history or you marry someone from another country that accepts dual citizenship.

Europe is not cheap. The euro is much stronger than the dollar.

Having a young child could make the move a bit more difficult. See if you can get a job with an international company. Otherwise, web people have an easier time at working abroad.

What did you mean by the "general region or surrounding areas" of europe?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search