Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Apple Macintoch Operating System 9.1 for PowerPC 7100/66
    I am buying it over the internet and want to make sure it's the right one:

1. Does Apple Macintoch Operating System 9.1 work for PowerPC 7100/66?

2. Is the actual cd color blue? (see attachment)
    Attached Images

daisymactx Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Sep 10, 2007, 09:15 AM
    I'm not sure, but I would recommend that you go to the apple.com discussion boards and ask them.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Oct 28, 2007, 04:22 PM
    It will indeed run 9.1; that's the highest level Mac OS it will run. Here's a good resource for your Mac:

Power Macintosh 7100

Not sure why the CD is blue; never seen a blue Mac CD before. If this is an image from the internet, it might be that it's a white CD and it's just appearing blue due to the camera that was used to photograph it.

Vasily
    CCE Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 07:09 PM
    I had this system. The cd is white and I agree that it a distortion that makes it appear blue. OS 9 indeed is the highest level for this machine. If you have problems with dates and other funny stuff, check to make sure the battery is OK. Mine lasted 7 yrs without problems but they are reported to wear out sooner.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vingogly
    It will indeed run 9.1; that's the highest level Mac OS it will run.
    I agree.

Personally, I'd pass on the 7100/66 and hold out for a PowerComputing clone.

The PowerTower Pro can be found on eBay from time to time for under $75.00, has a much better upgrade path (a 1ghz G4 processor can be purchased for $95.00).

And with Ryan Rempel's OS9 Helper and XPostFacto it can run OS 9.2.2 and even OS X up to 10.4.

I've been running my Plumbing Company with a PowerComputing PowerCenter Pro since buying it new in '97 without one single problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Operating system [ 1 Answers ]

WHILE OPENING ANY OF MY DRIVES BY DOUBLE CLICKING A MESSAGE IS SHOWN AND I CANNOT OPEN THAT DRIVE .IF I AM OPENING D DRIVE THEN MESSAGE AS ALLOWS Cannot find script file "D:\MS32DLL.dll.vbs" I can open the drive by right clicking the mouse.

Operating system [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between winows 98 and windows XP?

No Operating System [ 7 Answers ]

I have a IBM 390X laptop, and the computer has successfully completed the hard disk data wiping process. Al Data on the computer is now unrecoverable. The computer is designed for win98, and I have a CD Windows 98 Second Edition. What are the steps I need to take to get this computer working...

View more questions Search