Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drs2952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Cedar Siding
    What is the best methods to prime and paint cedar siding?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Cedar does not like paint too well. Have you considered an opaque stain or semi-transparent stain? How long has the cedar been exposed to the weather and has it weathered evenly?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 7, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Keep in mind if you paint it once you'll be doing it again, and again, the few times I've been asked to paint cedar my painters have used a spay gun for that,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Priming cedar shakes siding [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to use an oil base primer when repainting my cedar shake siding. This is the method I've used in the past, but after a few years, the paint still cracks and peels. I've been told that I can use an acrylic water base primer, but I want to be sure before doing so to prevent an error. ...

Cedar Siding Installation [ 3 Answers ]

My community is in the process of residing our townhouses with Wester Red cedar siding. We have been told both to install with rough side out and with smooth side out. Is there a preference and why? Have others had experience (good or bad) with either option? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old Cedar Shake Siding, what a mess! [ 0 Answers ]

Hello! We purchased our home about 2yrs ago, knowing we would have to paint, but it looked all right. After 2 Michigan winters, there are large 'holes' where paint has peeled/fallen off & exposed the original? Stained shakes underneath. Upon closer look (we are inept in this sort of thing &...

Cedar siding painting [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know that the cedar siding should be primed and painted before installation on both sides or primed and painted after installation just on exterior side ( only one side that is exposed to weather). Thanks

Cedar Siding installation [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing 18" Cedar siding boards. My problem is installing them around a bay extension where the angles are 22 degrees. No matter how precise I cut those joints, they look awful. I waste more material than needed and I cannot make the joints look neat. I have had to resort to using...

View more questions Search