Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maniac0683 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 11:21 AM
    How long to wait after having a child
    My g/f and I had a baby girl 3 weeks ago. She ripped a little and had to have a few stitches. I know normally they say you can't have sex for two weeks after having a baby, but is it longer when you have stitches? She wants to have sex, but is extremely worried about it so she don't want to try. I told her its OK if she wants to wait longer. The only problem I have, is she don't want to... lend a hand... at all, and she don't want me to do anything alone. She wants me to wait until she can have sex. Soo... how long should you wait?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 11:26 AM
    The doctor didn't tell her this information? Usually it's at least six to eight weeks after an episiotomy (so it can heal), before intercourse should take place. Usually the doctor wants to see the new mother then to check her inside and outside to make sure all has healed before sexual relations resume.

She also needs to get her energy back. Right now she's up at night with feedings etc. and is probably not thinking about sex very much. The baby is what is on her mind.

(Is she the eager one, or is it you?)

Sep 7, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Actually, she has told me that she wants sex, but is scared to. And (by her own decision) went back to work after 2 weeks. She has never really been the type to sit around. To her, recovering means getting back to the things you used to do, not sitting around.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 12:50 PM
    The length of time that you can have sex after the birth of a baby is 6 - 8 weeks due to the healing process of the episiotomy site as well as the complete closing of the cervix. If you have sex before this time she not only runs the risk of pregnancy (very high risk right after birth) as well as reinjuring the episiotomy, and possible intrauterine infection.
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Sep 8, 2007, 03:42 AM
    Well both of you should wait for 40 days after delivering her baby... what did you mean by doing anything alone?? Do you mean having sex with another woman? If yes, then pardon me for what am going to say.. she went through all the pain of pregnancy carrying your child and the pain of delivery to give you wonderful gift from GOD , and you do not want to bare for a while and sacrifice little!!

Ms. Redrose

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac0683
    My g/f and I had a baby girl 3 weeks ago. She ripped a little and had to have a few stitches. I know normally they say you can't have sex for two weeks after having a baby, but is it longer when you have stitches? She wants to have sex, but is extremely worried about it so she don't want to try. I told her its ok if she wants to wait longer. The only problem I have, is she don't want to...lend a hand...at all, and she don't want me to do anything alone. She wants me to wait until she can have sex. Soo...how long should you wait?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 8, 2007, 07:55 AM
    I think he meant that she doesn't want him masturbating, nor will she help him masturbate or give him oral sex.

Why women have this absurd reasoning that mastubation is wrong if you have a partner is beyond me, though.

Sep 10, 2007, 06:48 AM
    That is exactly what I meant (thats why I said "she don't want me to do anything alone") She tells me that if I have to masturbate, then it makes her feel like she is not good enough.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    I think he meant that she doesn't want him masturbating, nor will she help him masturbate or give him oral sex.

Why women have this absurd reasoning that mastubation is wrong if you have a partner is beyond me, though.
    That's highly unreasonable. She may not need or want it but that doesn't mean he doesn't. If she can't or won't get him off ( there is always oral) then he's fully within his rights to spank the monkey.
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Sep 10, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac0683
    My g/f and I had a baby girl 3 weeks ago. She ripped a little and had to have a few stitches. I know normally they say you can't have sex for two weeks after having a baby, but is it longer when you have stitches? She wants to have sex, but is extremely worried about it so she don't want to try. I told her its ok if she wants to wait longer. The only problem I have, is she don't want to...lend a hand...at all, and she don't want me to do anything alone. She wants me to wait until she can have sex. Soo...how long should you wait?
    After my husband and I had our second child we were both wanting it badly. But it had only been a week. We went real easy and I was on top so I was in control of how deep and how fast. Just be careful... and have fun without having that belly between you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How long do I have to wait? [ 3 Answers ]

Had a miscarrage 2 weeks ago, how long do I have to wait before I start trying to become pregnant again... I can still see a little bit of dark brown when I wipe.. is it safe to start having sex again or should I wait for another few weeks.

Is it too long to wait? [ 2 Answers ]

I met Nicholas on the internet, and we dated for two years. We only met, but I swear to god, those days we spent together were perfect beyond words. We are so compatible with each other, and we both love each other deeply. We were best friends, and we talked all the time. We were very happy, but...

How long should we wait? [ 2 Answers ]

OK here goes... me and my boyfriend have one child already but he is from my previous rship so he's mine but not his... he has been wanting one very badly.. we are planning to get married soon(within the next few months).. been together for a year and a half.. my son is turning a year old in...

View more questions Search