Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mathews Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Do I need a License
    I'm thinking about opening an online advertising business that is tailored to For Sale By Owners and other marketing ideas. Do I need anytype of license?
    mathews Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 10:21 AM
    I'm thinking about opening an online advertising business that is tailored to For Sale By Owners and other marketing ideas. Do I need anytype of license?
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Sep 11, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Go talk to your local SCORE branch... they should know what's needed in your area for licensing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 11, 2007, 12:22 PM
    If you are going to engage in the sale of real estate then you need a license. If you are just going to provide a framework for facilitating the sale of real estate, then no.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2007, 11:02 PM
    You are attempting to be an entrepreneur. That is good!

I do all sorts of advertising on the Internet for myself and others. None of it involves real estate. The above answer concerning real estate is true.

If you are thinking of charging people to advertise for them, then go for it. But, be aware that there are already a lot of sites that get excellent exposure on the Internet in searches on whatever search engine where people can advertise free of charge. I'm not saying that you can't compete with them. It's just that there are already many advertising sites that people can use for free. However, maybe there isn't one that is local where people can actually take in to you information about what they would like advertised, and is specific to your own location. That might be a profitable thing to look into starting.

For a certain fee, I can get someone listed all over the place on the Internet in such a way that others will find very easily in searches what is advertised. After that, all they have to do is maintain their ads. If they want me to maintain them, I will be happy to do that for a modest fee during a certain prescribed times. I also do online advertising at no charge for certain types of groups and individuals.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 04:21 AM
    I will go on to say if all you are providing is advertising space, you will not need a real estate license either, if you are not talking to the buyer and seller trying to sell for them, but merely helping with art work and advertising space, you will not have to be a real estate person but you will just be a advertiser. For example the local news paper will list pages of homes for sale by owner ( and for sale by real estate)

I can find dozens of web pages with homes for sale,

Now if you do any contact of buyer and seller for the purpose of selling the home, you need a license in each state you list.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paniters license [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I want to know how I could go about getting a painters license. Is it the same as a Florida contractors license? Help! Thanks sabrina:confused:

How to get a license [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, could anyone tell me where I can apply to get a license to buy freon? I heard there is a government site that you can request the material to take the test. Thanks, Dan:confused:

About license [ 2 Answers ]

I am a handyman and have been doing a little of everything for several years now. I would like to get an electricians license, but at this point in my life I can not afford to work for an electrician at starting wages. Is there any other path that I can take. Can you recommend any literature...

A license? [ 5 Answers ]

Do you need a license to drive a boat in the state of Massachusettes?

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search