Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flyballnut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Creditor calls at work
    I have told a creditor to not call me at work. THey continue to harass me at work where everyone can hear my personal issues. I am in a temp position with 1/2 the income I had before I lost my "real" job and I am afraid this is ruin my chances of future work.

CAn they keep this up?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 7, 2007, 09:33 AM
    First, this forum is for new members to introduce themselves. Not for asking questions. I've requested your post be moved to the appropriate forum. Please try reading the FAQs.

Second, Under federal law you can send them a letter informing them they cannot contact you by phone any longer. All further correspondence must be by mail.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 10:18 AM
    <Moved to Bky & Debt>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creditor Levy in NJ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have had health problems and got behind on a CC from Bank of America, I could not afford to pay it and my rent too. I have no family help and I live alone, I work full time however I cannot keep up with my bills. I am afraid that BoA will put a levy on my bank account and possessions soon,...

Creditor obligations [ 4 Answers ]

In the state of California, is a creditor required by law to "make a reasonable effort" to contact the debtor prior to sending the account to collections? Is the creditor required to state that he has done so on the application for collection services? Need the help. Thanks Richl

Co-signer as Creditor? [ 1 Answers ]

A friend (creditor/client) of mine co-signed a loan. The balance is $5400. I missed some payments and he paid them. I am now paying the $200 a month. In the meantime, he has turned the loan to a collection agency, Chase Receivables who sent me a letter saying that I owe a balance of $14,000. ...

The creditor [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks to all that answered my question. Here is part two. I was unlocking my home door to go in and a man called my name and as I turned, he handed me this paper informing me that I have been sued by capitol one bank. I have a certain amount of time to respond either me or my lawyer of which...

Judgment by creditor [ 5 Answers ]

We have just sold our home. I have a judgment from Citibank (credit card), no lien on property, but title company has said this judgment must be cleared before we can close. Is this correct, even though it was not connected to our property?

View more questions Search