Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    humlshog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2005, 05:20 PM
    Can't find toilet drain in basement
    Builder has exposed drain pipe for shower and wash-out drain against wall for vanity, yet no exposed toilet ring in cement floor. It is all stubbed down for water and air vents, but nothing visible for the toilet. We have drilled holes in the cement where we think the toilet will go with no luck. There is a bathroom directly above the basement bathroom area. Would it be in the same area below it? Since it has been 5 years, the builder can't recall the property but insists the plumbing is there. Help!
    tommytman Posts: 153, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2005, 08:23 PM
    I'm no expert but if it was there they would not have put cement over it. Tell him to come and drill the holes... I think he is full up with it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 14, 2005, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by humlshog
    builder has exposed drain pipe for shower and wash-out drain against wall for vanity, yet no exposed toilet ring in cement floor. It is all stubbed down for water and air vents, but nothing visible for the toilet. We have drilled holes in the cement where we think the toilet will go with no luck. There is a bathroom directly above the basement bathroom area. would it be in the same area below it? Since it has been 5 years, the builder can't recall the property but insists the plumbing is there. Help!
    Ask the builder to furnish you with the name of the plumbing contractor that did the work. Most plumbing companys keep a set of rough in plans on file for the houses that they install plumbing in. Surely the plumber didn't just rough in for a shower and vanity,( what do you mean by "wash out drain" a floor drain ?) and then forget to add a toilet. Did he also "forget" to vent the group? Let us know what you find. Good luck, Tom
    frankiedon53 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2013, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Ask the builder to furnish you with the name of the plumbing contractor that did the work. Most plumbing companys keep a set of rough in plans on file for the houses that they install plumbing in. Surely the plumber didn't just rough in for a shower and vanity,( what do you mean by "wash out drain" a floor drain ?) and then forget to add a toilet. Did he also "forget" to vent the group? Let us know what you find. Good luck, Tom
    Would it really be so strange if no toilet was intended to begin with.Full baths are not always installed.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 16, 2013, 09:21 AM
    Yes Frankie... it would not only be strange but absolutely unheard of!

In all my years there is not a single job that I can tell you about where a "future" shower and sink was installed in a basement, but a toilet wasn't!

With this thread being from 2005, I'm figuring they found the toilet drain by now anyway!

Mark
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 17, 2013, 08:30 AM
    Frankie.
    Final warning! If you can't stop responding to dead threads I'll start deleting your posts. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement toilet drain 14" from wall :( [ 4 Answers ]

Am tackling putting in a bathroom in the basement. Walls are already up, but I noticed now that the center of the drain for the toilet is around 14" from the studs (drywall yet to go on). Is a seemingly simple installation now going to be a more major undertaking? I'm relatively new at this and...

When we flush the toilet our drain in basement overflows [ 6 Answers ]

Help! This is our first house , we are broke and our drain on the basement floor is overflowing with sewage when we flush the toilet. My husband tried to snake the drain but could'nt find the hole . I poured that Rid-X stuff down in the toilet . What else can we do? Please helP[ ...

How to find a drain line siutable for new toilet? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to add a half bath to an exterior space which could be enclosed. The new half bath that share a wall with existing wet bar with sink and ice maker drains in that wall. How deep should I dig down before I can find a main drain line under the exterior wall?

Toilet/Washer/Drain in basement [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have had continually problems with my toilet (house bult 1960 - could be original toilet - not sure). I have had Roto Rooter out 2 times in 7 years, both times due to clogged sewer line - sewer backed up into basement. My problem is that when I run my washer, my toilet does not flush...

Toilet drain to Basement Sump pump [ 7 Answers ]

I want to add a bathroom in my basement. I was wondering if I could run my toilet drain into the sump pump hole. ( I have my own septic symstem and the drain leaving the house is 4ft. Above the basement floor). Also, would this need to be vented? The toilet would be about 6 to 8 ft. from the...

View more questions Search