Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MS220 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2005, 05:05 PM
    Divorce
    My friend is going through a divorce and it's been a year and a half and still no final decree has been signed. His wife and her lawyer has done everything in their power to stall the whole process. What I mean by that is she was acusing him of committing adultry, never turned in any evidience for the discovery. Then his ex and her lawyer set up a deposition trial and his lawyer wouldn't agree to it because they didn't have any of the discovery that he asked for turned in. My question is can they keep prolonging this? After a year and a half shouldn't all of her proof against him should have been turned in to her and his lawyer? Would a judge just let this keep going on like this? I think if you accuse someone of something you should have the smoking gun ready.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2005, 02:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MS220
    My friend is going through a divorce and it's been a year and a half and still no final decree has been signed. His wife and her lawyer has done everything in their power to stall the whole process. What I mean by that is she was acusing him of comitting adultry, never turned in any evidience for the discovery. Then his ex and her lawyer set up a deposition trial and his lawyer wouldn't agree to it because they didn't have any of the discovery that he asked for turned in. My question is can they keep prolonging this? After a year and a half shouldn't all of her proof against him should have been turned in to her and his lawyer? Would a judge just let this keep going on like this? I think if you accuse someone of something you should have the smoking gun ready.

Most states court can force discovery, have your friend file Motion to Compel Discovery, a request a court date for the Divorce Hearing.

mr.yet
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2005, 07:49 AM
    Lawyers
    Hi,
    Does HE have a lawyer? His lawyer should have already suggested filing the Motion to Compel, as suggested by the other post's answer.
    Tell your male friend to talk with his lawyer, and let him/her know that he wants this thing over with.
    If he doesn't have a lawyer, he needs one now.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    beme Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2005, 03:54 PM
    Hi
    My parents are divored it hurt to your friend just say I now I don't understand but I am always here for you your can cry and yell and scream all you want and I still will be with you so how are you tell me everything I can listen I can't understand but I will try
    Journeyfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MS220
    My friend is going through a divorce and it's been a year and a half and still no final decree has been signed. His wife and her lawyer has done everything in their power to stall the whole process. What I mean by that is she was acusing him of comitting adultry, never turned in any evidience for the discovery. Then his ex and her lawyer set up a deposition trial and his lawyer wouldn't agree to it because they didn't have any of the discovery that he asked for turned in. My question is can they keep prolonging this? After a year and a half shouldn't all of her proof against him should have been turned in to her and his lawyer? Would a judge just let this keep going on like this? I think if you accuse someone of something you should have the smoking gun ready.
    I have been down this road and did you ever think that maybe his wife doesn't want to get a divorce... My husband left me about three and a half years ago . The divorce took two years and still the paperwork needed to be looked over by the judge. I had signed the divorce papers but about two weeks later , my husband wanted to reconcile our marriage. I delt with a great deal of problems during this divorce ranging from my mother -in-law whom I never got along with. My son who got very depressed and told me his father told him that he would never leave us..,. My dad also dies and my son and me took it very hard. I was also living with a male FRIEND that hit my son across the face, and so I prayed for a better life , and my husband came back home.

I know that probably many of you think I am crazy for taking him back. I have known my husband since 1981 and we had a long tough road ahead of us.. We finally got married, against his mother's wishes... My husband has a difficult childhood. His mother never approved of any girl he brought home and he was always scared to bring home a girl to meet his mother. Religion played a part of us not getting along with his mother. As dramatic as this sounds, my husband thought that he missed someof his childhood and so he wanted to go out and relive it hence the term "Mid-life Crisis":eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom needs a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My mother is trying to purchase a townhome and my mother and father have been separated for over 16 years now the mortgage company states that my father would have to sign at closing. My mother told them she has nothing to from him since 1991 when he left. The mortgage company said she needs to...

Cause of Divorce? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. I have a very bad situation on my hands. See, I'm 13 and my parents MIGHT get a divorce because of me. See, I saw my mom doing somwthing that she shouldn't have been doing (making out with a friend of her and my dad's when she was drunk) and I told my dad because I was scared and confused. ...

Divorce-Who does it? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend lives in Iowa, has decided to divorce his wife. They are not contesting anything, want 50/50 with their two daughters and agree on everything. The question is does he have to pay an attorney $2000 to get the divorce or can he get the necissary papers and do it himself for around $300?

Just out of a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with a truly wonderful man for almost 2 years. When I met him he had more baggage than some airports however I was aware of this. I wouldn't have hung on through all his issues had he not shown me the kind of love women dream of. He and I have a very adult relationship. We got each other...

View more questions Search