Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcaprio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Citrix speed issues or bandwidth?
    We have converted most of our remote locations to Citrix. At these sites we have either a WYSE thin client or Dell GX150 that is locked down so it appears as if it is a WYSE thin client. Anyway the issue at one location (possibly) is that the complain that the computers lag i.e. they will be typing and the words finally come up. We had their internet connection checked which appears to be fine, so my question is could this be the Citrix server?
    Christopher_amatulli Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Sep 12, 2007, 04:47 AM
    Its possible it's the citrix server, but the best way to test that is try to connect to that citrix server locally and see if it produces the same results.

I doubt it is the citrix server though, typically this is caused by bandwidth or network latency... try running a tracert from the client to the citrix server, then try fron another host. See if you can catch any hops that are delayed significantly.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 12, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_amatulli
    its possible its the citrix server, but the best way to test that is try to connect to that citrix server locally and see if it produces the same results.

i doubt it is the citrix server though, typically this is caused by bandwith or network latency... try running a tracert from the client to the citrix server, then try fron another host. see if you can catch any hops that are delayed significantly.
    While tracert is useful, I'd do a pathping. It goes a bit more indepth and actually does a number of pings for each hop.

The citrix server is at your location, and everyone conecting to it is at a remote location? If there's more than one remote location connecting to the same server, but only one complains, then it's definitely a network issue. It could be bandwidth, or even just a firewall or router slowing you down. I'd say a pathping, or just a tracert, would be the way to start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between true air speed and equivalent air speed [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between the two and when an aircraft is flying at altitude what is its actual speed

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

3 speed ceiling fan only has 1 speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 speed Hunter ceiling that I rarely turn off and all 3 speeds had been working. I recently turned it off and when I turned it back on, only the high speed is working. I assumed the switch was bad and replaced it. I still only have the High speed. Has anyone had this problem before? ...

View more questions Search