Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MelanieNJoseph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2005, 01:33 PM
    Names on Morgtages
    Is it possible that you can take someone name off your morgtage...
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2005, 02:48 PM
    This is completely up to the lender.

The key factor would be whether the person(s) to remain on the mtg would qualify for that mtg without the one to be removed.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2005, 03:11 PM
    Mortgage
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanieNJoseph
    Is it possible that you can take someone name off your morgtage...

Is this person name on the Deed of Trust and the Promissory Note, or just the Deed of Trust??
    leatherseats Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2005, 05:10 AM
    It depends on the mortgage documents and the lender. Some will not remove a name regardless of the reason. Others will if the remaining borrower has the credit worthiness to support the payments on their own. Some mortgage documents have a clause that the lender will not unreasonably withhold requests to make changes to the documents. Have you consulted an attorney? If you cannot afford one, many cities have legal aid counselors who can assist you in these matters. Good luck:-). By the way, if you are successful getting the name off the mortgage, make sure you get it off the deed too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two movies. Need names... Please! [ 1 Answers ]

OK... when I was little I watched this movie about rats or something that were in this dungeon thing and there was a hole in the floor with bars over it and the people down there were all purple and either gooey or ghosty. The beginning has a view from above some rooftops... yep. And there was a...

The names of two movies! [ 2 Answers ]

I know there was this one movie that was a cartoon - it must have been early 90's, late 80's. It was about a bunch of dinosaurs that were in this space ship and liked to play golf.. or something, and then they came to earth and befriended a girl and a boy. And at one point they went to a circus or...

Changing last names [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know how I would go about legally changing the last names of my husband, two kids and myself to my maiden name.

Mortages Broker [ 2 Answers ]

I can't find ( OK I get 200,000 hits) so I can't find my information. I would like info on becoming a mortgage broker, I am sure there must be some web sites that give info and so on. Any info would be apreaciated.

Names [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please tell me the meaning of the name "jonathan" and "joanna"

View more questions Search