Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hooriya Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Trying to get pregnant
    Is it OK to intercourse twice at the same time while I'm trying to conceive? I mean I am trying to get pregnant but after first ejeculation we intercourse second time after a while. Does it really matter?? Are there sperm in less quantity in second ejeculation?? My husband ejeculate very soon in first ejeculation so he wants another intercourse and I am trying to conceive.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 6, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Unfortunately us women are born with a specific number of eggs that have the ability to be fertilized. A man, however, has the ability to regenerate sperm by the multi-millions for his entire life.

With this said, for every ejaculation a man has, the number of sperm declines for approximately 24 - 48 hours. For a maximum number of sperm it is better to have intercourse every OTHER day rather than every day or several times a day.

So, if you are trying to conceive you are better off having sex every other day.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 7, 2007, 05:58 AM
    J_9 is correct. Every other day will increase your odds of getting pregnant, but it won't do any harm to have sex more often.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 06:03 AM
    It won't do any harm to have sex often, but it will lessen your chances of becoming pregnant. LOL, this was part of yesterday's lecture in class.

It takes approximately 24 hours for sperm to regenerate. If you are having sex daily, or multiple times per day the man is not getting enough time to build back an efficient number of healthy sperm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I want to get pregnant! [ 47 Answers ]

:o Me and my boyfriend have been trying to have a baby but I can't seem to get pregnant, every time we make love his sperm comes right back out!! Can I still get pregnant? My period this month has been a little strange! I had it last week then got it again this week! I have been craving some...

Could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I am back again... I have been feeling like AF is going to start but it is too early. I shouldn't start until like around the 12th or the 17th I am irregular. So yesterday I was having mild cramps and my nipples started to get tender. I have been having lower back aching and lower stomach...

Pregnant at 40? [ 7 Answers ]

I did artificial insemination at home on March 21, 2007. I also ovulated that same day( I know cause I can feel myself ovulate!). About a week later, I noticed my breasts were VERY swollen. A few days later I noticed dark blue veins running through my chest that were not there before. I have always...

Am I Pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29 and missed to periods now I keep spotting a dark brown color I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Right now I'm bloated and in the morning I get cramps could this mean I'm pregnant?

View more questions Search