Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Naunnie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Insurance adjuster gone MIA
    I have an outstanding insurance claim. We are trying to get the "hold back" monies. I went through a private insurance adjuster who helped me out once before. This time, for some reason, she has gone MIA. The claim is almost at the deadline and even though I have tried calling and e-mailing her countless times, I have still not heard back from her in almost a month. I notified my insurance carrer. They said they are still waiting for the documents she needs to send.

I called the adjuster's office last week and threatened to report them to a regulatory agency, if I didn't get some action.

I was told by a friend, I should contact the Department of Banking and Insurance - but I don't know if that is correct. Does anyone know?
    mrslucy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Hello. Get in touch with the insurance company again and ask them what you need to send them. Hopefully you kept copies of everything you gave the adjuster. You should be able to deal with the insurance company direct for the hold back monies. In our state it is the Insurance Commissioner that you contact. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

Auto insurance adjuster [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help. I recently had a custom motorcycle, well frame and engine stolen from my household. My insurance adjuster after a month when it was suppose to be max 21 days is now wanting me to provide her with cell phone records for last month, bank statements for ythe past year, many different...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

2 years MIA file for legal physical custody? [ 3 Answers ]

I just found out that it is possible for my daughters father to file for legal physical custody of my daughter who he has not seen in 2 and a half years and he is not on her birth certificate (as of yet-his choice)... he was emotionally abusive to me and has never respected her... even terrorized...

Mia bacteria [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me what this is mia or could be mai bacteria and what the symthoms are

View more questions Search