Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samroe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Cannot run exe programs across internet or network
    I cannot run an exe file across my network or the internet on one of my computers. All run Windows XP and all other computers can. The only difference is the one in question runs XP media center.
    The reason this is a problem is some sights run program that downloads and installs the product (i.e. I-News and Logitech Quickcam software).
    I have stopped all startup programs and all non Microsoft services in msconfig and uninstalled serveral programs that I thought might intefere.
    I think it might be a registry value but do not know where to look. Any help would be appreciated.

Sam Roe
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 05:33 AM
    Can't really get what you are trying to ask, just give one problem at a time or list them please...
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 10, 2007, 03:53 AM
    Totally agree, One problem at a time... what about XP Media Center? On your network? What's your internet settings Bro?

Sep 10, 2007, 05:44 AM
    The problem is that I cannot install programs that are .exe files if they are located on my home network or on the internet.

The rest of the message is telling that 2 other computers on the network can and that they all run Windows XP. It also tells what I have done to try to fix the problem.

I think it is a registry problem but I don't know where to look for it.

Thanks
    Sam Roe
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Why don't you install the program on your machine?

Sep 10, 2007, 06:20 AM
    I-News and Logitech Quickcam software will only install across the internet. Have tried to download then install but there is no option to save file.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 10, 2007, 06:24 AM
    When you click the link, instead of left clicking, you could try to right click, and go to "Save Target As"

Sep 10, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Dosen't work on I-news. It downloads a program called install. This runs and the download starts but stops almost immediately. On the other computers this works fine.

On the Quickcam site (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/43...?osid=1&file=1) there is a save file but it just sits there without downloading. This too works fine on the other computers,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can not run programs [ 6 Answers ]

I cannot use any of my programs. They all have lnk at the end of them

Programs won't run, files won't open [ 4 Answers ]

Good evening. I have been having trouble with my Windows XP and it has gotten so bad I rarely use my profile. All other profiles (3 more for the family) work just fine. Only mine is messed up. None of the programs will run and I can't open files. The background is there and the first menu will...

Best internet programs for newbies? [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what internet program to start with and what to stay away from? I need simple please!

.exe files won't run [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a big problem with my computer and I'm not sure if it is a virus. When ever I try to run any programs, I get an error message saying that the file cannot be found. But if you search for the file manually it is there.. it just won't execute when you try to run. Is this...

View more questions Search