Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dplowman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 11:31 AM
    glass ware
    I have a blue perfect mason jar--no lid------older
    Dr. Pepper glass bottle 6 1/2 oz 10-2-4 markings,
    liquor bottle half pint with clear shield and a liquor 1 pint
    with a clear heart on both sides. Trying to find values of these?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Here is what someone on eBay is selling a Dr. Pepper bottle like you described for : Dr. Pepper, Good for life! 10-2-4 Slogan - (eBay item 330162081529 end time Sep-09-07 19:47:14 PDT)

Does the bottle have labeling, or is it debossed? The link shows a pic of a debossed bottle.

Here is a whole page of Dr. Pepper bottles : dr. pepper, Modern 1900-Now, Antique Pre-1900 items on eBay.com

Maybe you can find the one that you have, see what its selling for, and go from there. They look to be worth between $5 - $10 dollars.

Hopefully Clough will be on later to help you with the others, because I couldn't find anything. :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Here is an example of what someone is selling a blue perfect mason jar for : Fruit Jars, Mason Jars and Juice Reamers at Our Olde Stuff Antiques and Collectibles

Of course without the zinc/porcelain lid you cannot charge as much for it, as it is a vital part of the piece.

When it comes to collectibles like this, how much you get for them all depends on how much a collector is willing to pay. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 12:32 AM
    Excellent work above in searching for answers! Helpful and informative!

When it comes to collectibles like this, how much you get for them all depends on how much a collector is willing to pay.
    So very true! You almost never get the price that might be quoted in a book as far as the possible value.

It's also very true that when a part is missing, such as a lid from a collectible bottle, then it will be worth less.

When I have trouble finding information about something on a web search on Google for a collectible, I then try an image search based upon the information that is given. Frequently, I will find an item that is close to what has been described.

Examples:

antique liquor bottle 1 pint - Google Image Search

antique liquor bottle half pint - Google Image Search

antique liquor bottle 1 pint value - Google Image Search

antique liquor bottle half pint value - Google Image Search

Suggestion: Please clean these items up the best that you can using soap, water and Lime Away if needed, and show them to an antique dealer. Seeing them "in person" is the best way to determine a possible monetary value. There could be chips or imperfections in the manufacture of them that can play a big role as far as their possible monetary value.

If you are trying to sell them, you could try eBay or other sites on the Internet to sell them. It is likely that someone would buy them. I know a person who made his entire living for awhile by buying costume jewelry for pennies at garage sales and then selling them to people around the world for much more than he paid for them.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 12:34 AM
    Dear Erika,

I am just curious what the following means? Thank you!

«Ñ嵆ï¢å£& #215;§†å®»
    I love the following! It is so very true!

Fear life, not death™
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Clough,

Good job finding those others! You definitely helped!

«Ñ嵆ï¢å£& #215;§†å®» is just Nautical Star in ASCII codes. And thank you for the compliment on my signature! :)

To the OP,

I hope you found everything here helpful! If you get a value on your pieces through an antique dealer, please update us! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with glass [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here, I like working with glass, I am on most evenings

Sonar LE music soft ware or cakewalk for key boards [ 2 Answers ]

OK so like I got this soft ware caled sonarLE or cakewallk I need help with it , every time I put my keyboard in to the comouter threwe midi it will record but not with the sounds on my key board so you as you can tell I need help

7 up glass bottle [ 1 Answers ]

I have this 16 fluid ounce glass bottle of 7 up with the metal cap that says Yorktown 1781. What value do this bottle has? Thanks

Glass Staircase [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find a resource to replace my staircase in my 2 Level condo with a glass staircase. I live in Maryland. Thanks

View more questions Search