Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truong81 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Special warranty deed and quit claim deed what are they?
    What is the difference bewtween the two and what is the purpose?
    pacific nw Posts: 117, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 7, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by truong81
    I was given a Special Warranty Deed (a rather new type of Deed) by the bank that I sued in a complicated action. It basically states that they have Limited Liability regarding the Title of the property. A Warranty Deed states that the Seller Warrants that it is a clear Title. You can go back to the Seller if something arises from their actions that "Cloud Title". I would think it is rare to wind up with a Special Warranty Deed. Incidentally, the Bank that I sued and the Title Company along with it, paid my legal fees and settled after the third day in court, just before it was my turn on the stand. It took 2 1/2 years and totaled over $350,000 in legal fees on all sides. (I had to sign a non-disclosure so I can't say much more than that.) They believed I would simply "go away" if they dragged it out. It's important to know, that Banks have a great deal of liability and you can win if you stick with it. Do not ever cry a tear for a Bank
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 10:59 PM
    There are several types of warranties, a quitclaim deed merely says that you are giving or signing over your ownership of the property if you have it. It does not say you own the property, it does not say you promice to do anything if there are unknown liens There is no warranty or promise what so ever.

A warranty deed gives a lot of promises that you own the property and that you will protect the deed against any legal action.

Special or limited waranty deeds only give some of the promises of a warranty deed, it may only promice you own the property, or promise there is no currents lien not mentioned.
    glkalish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by truong81
    A warranty deed drawn up 10 years prior to the sale of real estate states that 3 parties have a percent of the property. On the settlement sheet only one name appears what does that do for the others?
    pacific nw Posts: 117, Reputation: 11
    -

Oct 21, 2007, 08:45 PM
    You don't give enough information to figure this one out. If a Warranty Deed was Filed with the Court that had three people as owner, it would take all three people to sign and sell a property. If it was never filed, then the escrow company would have no way of knowing of the other owners. Ask the Escrow company or the Title company what is going on.
    321945 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 06:19 AM

What is a special covenant deed?
    321945 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 06:22 AM
    What is a special covenant deed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit Claim or Warranty Deed [ 5 Answers ]

I'm considering purchasing a piece of property in Florida and I have some concerns regarding the deed. The seller purchased unimproved land in April 2001 and obtained a warranty deed. Prior to this, it had a quit claim deed resulting from a transfer in May 1994. Before this, the property had a...

Quit Claim Deed/Contract for Deed [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I have posted before. I had a contract for deed piece of property, and have myself been going back and forth with a lawyer and the client. Trying to make a offer to end this nightmare. I offered them 1000.00 in 10 payments and at the end of that to sign a quitclaim deed or 500.00 and...

Quit Claim Deed or Deed of Gift [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and his brother are dividing a couple of properties from their mother's estate. She passed away 6 years ago and they did probate the will during that timeframe. They are trying to establish the best way to divide the property at this time with as little tax penalties as possible. Which...

Quit claim vs. Warranty deed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I live in Michigan. Last June I purchased my house from my dad. Fourteen years ago when he bought the property there was some other property that was omitted from the deed that in turn my aunt who lives next door says that she owns. She will not show a deed for this property the register of...

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

View more questions Search