Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suzette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Drug Testing quick answer needed
    Just wanting to question about drug testing for a job. On Monday Labor Day (3 days ago) I took a 15mg Oxycodone for a headache borrowed from a friend. This is not a common thing for me to do but I had an excruciating headache. Today I landed a wonderful job opportunity right on the spot that will require me to take a drug test either today and no later than tomorrow. Will my urine test clean for the oxycodone? Also, I thought Oxycodone was an opiate, but when googling I find it in a category all to it's own. Is it an opiate or not? Many thanks in advance for your help.
    Suzette
    pcholakis Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Sep 7, 2007, 06:26 AM
    No, will not show up, as most urine tests don't screen for oxy... and level is likely not high enough in your case.

As you know already, taking oxy for a headache is pretty dumb.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pcholakis
    No, will not show up, as most urine tests don't screen for oxy....
    I have to disagree with you here. With the high incidence in prescription addiction it is tested for more recently.

As opiates, yes it is in the opiate category, it's category is actually Opiate Analgesic.

With that said it takes approximately 3 - 4 days for it to be completely removed from your system depending on amount of usage, length of usage, and your personal metabolic rate.

Since you only did this once, and over labor day, I would feel safe to assume that it will be out of your system.

Sep 7, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Moderator is "technically correct" that it can take several days to "leave the system". But at a 2000 ng/ml opiate cut-off on most urine tests... and the fact the most urine tests don't target oxy to begin with... likely no "positive" will result.
    Sorry Moderator... the odds are with me on this one... check my credentials... Employee Drug Testing. Drug Testing Company. Workplace Drug testing. Avitar Inc.
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 12:30 PM
    So, are you saying that a 10-panel drug screen does not screen for opiates? If this is the case there are a couple of nursing students I know of that had to show proof of prescription due to having opiates in the system

Sep 7, 2007, 12:53 PM
    10-panel urine tests may/or may not specifically screen for Oxycodone. As you likely know, most urine tests specifically target morphine, 6-am, codeine... but NOT oxycodone.
    That's the first issue. The second is a 2,000 ng/ml cut-off for opiates is set too high for urine. SAMSHSA did this to prevent false positives due to "poppy seeds". It was an error that they plan to resolve, but government bodies move at glacial speeds. The cut-off for opiates in urine (including oxy), should be about 200 ng/ml.

Additionally there is a difference in the half life of a drug based upon specimen type... Is it likely that one pill of oxy is going to show up in a urine test... no. Is it going to show up in a blood test several days later... virtually impossible at the typical cut-off.
    Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 04:17 PM
    RubyPitbull agrees: This woman shouldn't have been taking someone else's meds. Period!
    This is a very good point you brought up. Taking of another's meds is considered a felony. Now, who is going to actually prosecute this is another matter. With the rise of prescription fraud there is always a possibility that one could get in trouble if one has meds on their person that belong to a different person.
    Scooterdog Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzette
    Just wanting to question about drug testing for a job. On Monday Labor Day (3 days ago) I took a 15mg Oxycodone for a headache borrowed from a friend. This is not a common thing for me to do but I had an excruciating headache. Today I landed a wonderful job opportunity right on the spot that will require me to take a drug test either today and no later than tomorrow. Will my urine test clean for the oxycodone? Also, I thought Oxycodone was an opiate, but when googling I find it in a category all to it's own. Is it an opiate or not? Many thanks in advance for your help.
    Suzette
    LOL, they got you scared? They test for SPECIFIC drugs per test. No test will show EVERY DRUG! The chance that they are testing for oxcodone is slim to none. It would be a specific test just for that.

Norm. they test for weed, coke, crank, perhaps opiates. Shrooms and LSD are almost never tested for, as it is a different test.

IF you are taking a UA/piss-test. Get up a couple hours early, drink 10oz of water every fifteen min. until test time. You will be peeing a lot, but you should be clean. They make natural cleansers, and these, I don't care what people tell you, cannot be detected. They are natural, not a drug. Good luck, I wouldn't worry about it. I should know, I've taken all kinds of these tests, daily pot smoker. If these test's were real, I wouldn't have had my job over the past 10 years, and wouldn't have made it free and clear on 5 years probation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cocaine and drug testing [ 8 Answers ]

How long do it take for cocaine to leave your system and to successfully pass a drub test

Oxycodone in drug testing [ 9 Answers ]

How long does it stay in your urine for drug tests?

Saliva drug testing [ 2 Answers ]

How long does lortab stay in your system for saliva testing, and in urine, and how does it show up?

Blood/drug testing [ 11 Answers ]

How long does percocet stay in the bloodstream?

View more questions Search