Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imblue80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Adopt niece from DCF
    My niece was just taken into custody through DCF in Florida. I live in NC. I am currently in the process of adopting my nephew which is the twin brother of the niece in DCF custody. How do I make sure my son (nephew) is OK and that DCF won't try to take him to place with his sister, and how do I make sure I can adopt his sister. She was taken from th ebiological mom, my sister. Any advice in working with DCF will be helpful as they don't seem to be very cooperative in doing what is in the child's best interest. I know it is a long process for ICPC but they should have everything move a little more quickly in this situation. ANy help would be great. Thanks!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Go to DCF and ask for a meeting with their case worker. If you get no results there, ask to see the supervisor. That is your kinship, fight for what you wish to obtain.
    NOTE **** the word "fight" in the above wording is a figure of speech and in no way is intended to promote any violent act.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2007, 07:18 PM
    First of all, wait until the adoption of your nephew is finalized. Once you become his legal parent, DCF can't just step in and place him with his sister. Then proceed with the adoption of his sister the same way you proceeded with your nephew's adoption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dcf made me sign over my rights can I get my daughter back? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughters father and I had a physical argument and dcf was called.the whole thing ended up going on for two years.my mother kept calling on my husband and I even know nothing else was happening.he actually was the one to put his hands on me.anyway,it got to the point where dcf told me that I had...

Visitations to see my niece [ 3 Answers ]

As an aunt do I have any rights to get court ordered visitation rights?

Wanting to know what steps I need to take to adopt my niece and nephew [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from Canada and I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have custody of my niece and nephew. I have had them now for 5 yrs in Aug. They are 4 and 6 and I want to adopt them can anyone tell me what steps I should take in order to adopt them?

How to get custdy of my niece [ 2 Answers ]

I have had tep custdy of my niece for 4 years her mom ha not help my with nothing I have done everything for this child her mom got mad the other day because everbody tells her why won't she help me with her child so she got mad a said she was going to pick her up and keep her because she's tired...

Want custody of my niece... [ 6 Answers ]

I want to take custody of my niece but I'm not sure where to turn. She is three years old and has already lived through more stuff than I have. My brother is in a bad situation and she is not being taken care of. I would like to approach him with this but I want to know the facts first. I also know...

View more questions Search