Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lip93312 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2005, 06:55 PM
    Fees
    Can the opposing attorney charge interest on money awarded on court costs? In California thanks
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2005, 03:14 PM
    Fees
    Quote Originally Posted by lip93312
    can the opposing attorney charge interest on money awarded on court costs? in california thanks

Do they have a judgement against you? Did they pay the court fee?

mr.yet
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2005, 07:56 AM
    Interest
    Hi,
    As a rule of thumb:
    If anyone loans you money, they can charge you interest.
    If you owe a lawyer money, he/she can charge you interest, if you haven't paid it off in a certain number of days or months.
    Ask the lawyer about it.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late fees [ 7 Answers ]

I live in a small town in California and recently sent in my payment for utilities (water, garbage and sewer). The bill was due on the 9th and I mailed it on the 6th. I just got a bill in the mail for $25 stating that I paid late. The total of the original bill was $65. Is it legal to charge...

Fees for Australian immigration [ 3 Answers ]

Sir, Please let me know that how much fees has to be deposited for Australian immigration for a student, who has studied in australia and has to apply for Australian p.r.

Non-resident fees [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.  I am a student and an aspiring seasoned traveler.  The only problem?  I cannot afford to pay non-resident fees every time I want to move out of a state. Any suggestions on how to get around this?  Financial aide I can apply for?  If not, become a resident? Please help!! Thank you for your...

View more questions Search