Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2yung Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Immigration laws-
    I married an illegal immigrant from Mexico in Feb. 07-so its only been about 7 months.Hes been here since 1999 and has not done anything towards getting legal. I am ready to start a family and buy a house together but because he doesn't have a valid ss# it is impossible for him to do just about anything :( . I want him to be legal but I don't no the first thing about where to start in this process. Please help!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 07:50 AM
    The link below would detail the normal way this should be done, however when it comes to trying to get a green card for someone currently living illegally in the US (or any country) I always suggest going to see a lawyer who specializes in immigration issues, they normally won't charge (or if they do it's a small fee) for a consultation. Check your local yellow pages for immigration lawyer.

Immigration through a Family Member
    ranjiniwalter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 01:55 AM
    I want to know the exact process of applying for a H4 Visa if Im appearing for the Visa interview together with my husband who is applying for a H1B Visa
    dj pleazy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2yung
    I married an illegal immigrant from Mexico in Feb. 07-so its only been about 7 months.Hes been here since 1999 and has not done anything towards getting legal. I am ready to start a family and buy a house together but because he doesnt have a valid ss# it is impossible for him to do just about anything :( . I want him to be legal but i dont no the first thing about where to start in this process. Please help!!
    I know a few people in the same problem. They were married to US citizens and their legal status was illegal. They started the procedure for legal status through marrige. THEY WERE ALL DENIED!. all the documents that they submited were PERFECT. On the day of their Interview In Ciudad Juarez in Mexico... the immigration officer toldd them that evrything was OK... Except when they all entered the US they did it with no Inspection in other words Illigaly. So there for tthey were dinied and asked to stay in Mexico. They staid For one year and then reapplied for the green card. They all got it!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration laws [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just got mu US Citizen ship. I am married with 2 children, my wife is also a permanent Resident. I want to sponsor my father in law and mother in law, who are in ASYLEE status in Germany. Can I sponsor my spouse parents and what is the process.

Immigration for in-laws of us citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way for a us citizen to claim in-laws in order for them to immigrate to the us. Can this be done or does it have to be done by birth children only. If so, can they be claimed as dependants, and be able to receive medicare?

Immigration laws what's your opinion [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I'm wondering what u all think about what's going on with the illegal immigrates issues and this talk about making a law that will make millions of immigrates to become US residents. I just want your opinion.

Immigration Laws On Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I have come from pakistan 5 years ago, I got married to a british citizen. I have not got a british passport or a british nationality, but I do have a permanent visa to stay in the uk. I am now divorced and wish to marry someone in pakistan. Can I call my permanent who I marry in pakistan to the...

Debate on Immigration laws [ 13 Answers ]

I need help on writing a debate about whether immigration laws should be inforced more on not. I need facts from both sides of the debate. Anyone have any tips or sites?

View more questions Search