Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenlovesdogs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Old dog poops and pees a lot a lot a lot
    I just rescued a very old dalmatian from my neighbors she has tumors all over
    Her body and she is very thin . I started her on good food. I feed her a cup in a half a day
    And water is always available.
    She poops so much 5 times a day? I keep my dogs in the sun room at night when we get up there is a puddle and I mean puddle in the corner where the floor slants. and 2 piles of poop
    Can anyone help?
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 5, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Have you seen a veterinarian about this?

Sep 5, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Not yet I just got her a week ago and have been keeping an eye on her while food and love has changed!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2007, 03:59 AM
    Thank you for giving her a better home.

I would get her into the vet before the weekend. She could have all sorts of physical problems leading to fouling the house. If so, no amount of training will help the problem. Many older dogs have relatively harmless fatty tumors that many people leave. What you do want to take care of is anything such as a UTI.

The 1 1/2 cups of food sounds a little short, but if she isn't very active, might be enough. If she is too thin, make sure she is slowly gaining weight, increasing the food if not. Getting her on a good, concentrated chow should reduce the volume of stools if she is able to process it OK. Note, sudden changes of diet can cause digestive upsets. Use this link to maintain all your dogs at their healthiest body condition, LongLiveYourDog.com - Life Span Study - Rate Your Dog

For now, walk her around before leaving her for the night. The exercise should stimulate the body leading to her emptying her bowls and bladder. If she was confined where she was forced to live in her own filth, with such an old dog, it could be really tough educating her to hold it and keep herself clean. If she was outside, and free to eliminate anytime, she may not understand the concept of waiting. See how it goes and post back.

Sep 8, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenlovesdogs
    i just rescued a very old dalmation from my neighbors she has tumors all over
    her body and she is very thin . i started her on good food. i feed her a cup in a half a day
    and water is always available.
    she poops so much 5 times a day? i keep my dogs in the sun room at night when we get up there is a puddle and i mean puddle in the corner where the floor slants.? and 2 piles of poop
    can anyone help?
    Thank you I will let you know!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog Is Drinking So Much Water And Urinating a lot [ 4 Answers ]

I Am Wondering If Someone Can Tell Me Why My Dog Is Drinking So Much Water And Urinating A lot Even On The Bare Floor. He Has Had All Test Done And All Have Been Negative. Is This A Problem That Anyone Else Dog Has Had. Don't Know If It Is Serious. It Is Sad To See Him Go Through This Thanks

My dog hasn't eaten in 3 days, she is panting a lot and is limping [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here. I have an 8 year old sheppard/lab mix. She is a great dog but 5 days ago she started limping, panting and now hasn't eaten in 3 days. She wants to go out side but just lays on the deck. She doesn't want to play at all. She keeps licking her thigh. She has had a mass on her tummy...

Going to the toilet a lot [ 3 Answers ]

I think I could be pregnant with the implant in due to have test shortly but I've started going to the toilet a lot today I'm never of the thing confuesd anyone that can help me undrestand

Dog Whines a lot [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a german mixed with a bull, and he is about 4 to 6 months I found him on side of the road as a puppy and rushed him to tha animal hosp, be cause he was and very bad condition. So far I have got him to sit and stay for a good min or so but I'm keeping him out side, while from time to time...

A lot of pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a lot of pain on my left leg and there is swelling above the knee. What could be the problem with my knee?

View more questions Search