Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    statikco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Grand Theft Auto of Parts
    okay so I basically messed up hanging around with the wrong people. Me and two other people randomly drove by a motorcycle and threw it in the truck. We stripped the parts from the bike(only some). Then we put the motorcycle in a near by court. I had some fairings and gauge and other stuff and the other two keep some stuff. I tried to sell the parts and come across a undercover cop who was on the internet. He arrested me and went into my house without a warrant. He checked my computer and checked my email and then he brought me to the police station. I admitted to stealing the bike to the cops. They charged me with 3 felonies and one minor. PC 496a,PC 496d, vc 10851 a, and vc10852. I got locked up for 5 hours and later they released me by "OR" because this is my first time in jail and getting into trouble. They scheduled me a court date in about 2 weeks. I'm 19 and working and living in California. Should I plead guilty, not guilty, or no contest? I heard from one of the inmates if I plea guilty, I'll get thrown back into jail. What should I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 07:48 PM
    They have the parts, and your confession, Before you confessed is when you do not guilty. You need a serious attorney NOW.

You are looking at jail time no matter what at this point I would say. The best you can hope for now ( you let the police in and then confessed) is to work out a plea agreement for the less jail you can get.

No contest is like pleading guilty except it can not be used in civil court, so is someone suing you ? Did you hurt someone in the crime?

If you appear and don't have an attorney yet, plead not guilty, now the judge may require bail at this point. But if you plead guilty, most likely you will be locked up ( but may not) till you are sentenced and then you will go to jail.
    statikco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 01:55 PM
    If I plead not guilty, isn't that a lie. Won't I go to jail for lying under oath? And why would they release me (I was already in jail clothes and thrown in with other inmates and had my jail id on my wrist) about 8 hours of being arrested. I am confused. So if I plead guilty they will for sure lock me up? Or will they put me in a program? And if I plead not guilty, they will set me free on bail, but isn't that a lie? Please help.
    Curious27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Look you already confessed and said you did it so what's the point. You go guilty you won't have to wait for a trial, so that's less time you need to wait, you might as well do your time if you have to do time or you might get probation the law is so complicated. There's no sense in lying. Its up to you but you should have never done it in the first place, this would not be happening to you nothing good comes out of something bad and the law is not something to be bad with you always get caught sooner or later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grand theft auto [ 1 Answers ]

Does grand theft auto carry the same penalty as unauthorized use of an automobile

Grand theft auto [ 2 Answers ]

Can you be charged weith grand theft auto as part of a repo? And can you be charged with it if you hide the car from the repo man? (this was done due to advice given by a lawyer) and then the car was ditched with the keys inside... what can I do? And what can I be charged with??

Grand theft auto [ 1 Answers ]

What are the games in order of series of being relased for ps2?

Grand Theft Auto [ 1 Answers ]

My son stole a vehicle in Kentucky and traveled to Georgia were he was arrested. He is beign charged by Georgia for transportation of stolen property and currently is held on a 7,500.00 bond in a county jail for that charge; and is also awaiting extradition to Kentucky to face charges for grand...

View more questions Search