Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    X0Ximperfection Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Sooo Fat!
    Ahhhh.. . I'm so fat:( . I don't Know how I can lose MORE weight. I've only lost 10 pounds so far and I feel that I need to lose at least 23 more. I'm 118 lbs and I'm 13 years old, I eat next to nothing most of the time but I can't seem to lose weight as easily as I used to. What can I do to lose more weight? And What are some specific exercises that really burn fat and calories?

Sep 7, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Ok I've lost a few more pounds so now I'm 114/115 lbs. But I'd really like it if someone could please reply to this. Because all I'm doing right now is waiting for replies. So far I have only asked a few questions. Anyway please reply I don't know what I should do anymore.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 10:35 PM
    First of all, good job for losing weight! I am trying to lose weight as well and I can speak from experience, it is not easy.

I know this may sound way off, but in order to lose you need to eat more. You should be eating at least 1500-2000 calories per day. If you eat too little, your body will go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow way down. Without your metabolism, you cannot lose weight. If you eat sensibly you should be able to reach this 1500-2000 calorie goal easily. Cut your portions, eat more things like grilled chicken or salad. If it is calorie counting you are doing, you can really eat anything as long as it is within your calorie limits, and in moderation.

As far as burning calories, the best exercise I have done so far to burn calories is swimming. Swimming is really wonderful. Also, running on the treadmill and using an elliptical are wonderful too. :)

**EDIT** - It would also help to know your height. You may not even be overweight, you may just think you are.
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 7, 2007, 10:36 PM
    118 isn't that fat. I weighed 139 when I was 13. Now I'm 16 and weigh 120. And I didn't do much to change

Sep 7, 2007, 10:40 PM
    Hey nauticalstar420 I'm 5'4". Hopfully that helps.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 10:43 PM
    According to this BMI chart, when you were 118 you were within the healthy weight for your height.

http://www.keepitoff.com/o_images/BMIchart.jpg

You need to stop losing weight. You need to be right around 120 to be healthy. Being underweight can possibly cause problems. If I were you, I would get back up to around 120 :)
    sxrami3 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 10:44 PM
    You do not to lose weight you need to get mental help

Sep 7, 2007, 10:46 PM
    Hey nauticalstar420, are you sure because I wanted to lose so much more, I was thinking around 95 or 86 lbs.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 10:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sxrami3
    You do not to lose weight you need to get mental help
    The "mental help" comment was not necessary. She is only 13, she may not know the healthy weight for her height.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by X0Ximperfection
    Hey nauticalstar420, are you sure because I wanted to lose so much more, I was thinking around 95 or 86 lbs.
    Nooo hunny for someone who is 5'4" that would be way too small. You would classify in the "underweight" category and that is not safe or healthy. Your bones will stick out and you will look like you are sick.

Sep 7, 2007, 10:48 PM
    I do know that a healthy weight is around 125ish (for my height) I have looked up tons of stuff about it.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 7, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Don't base yourself off those skinny models they way like 80 pounds when they should way like 120 or something. They may look nice but that is really gross and unhealthy
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 10:51 PM
    I do know that a healthy weight is around 125ish (for my height) I have looked up tons of stuff about it.
    It is better to be safe (125ish) than sorry (underweight).

If you get your periods, they can become very irregular.

If you don't get your period yet, it may not come until you get back up to a healthy weight.

It can also cause problems with fertility if you stay underweight for a long time.

Sep 7, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Ok, but also (not sure if this is related) I was trying on my jeans to throw away what didn't fit any more and I was looking at my butt (you know to see if they fit) and with every pair of jeans I tried on my butt got bigger and bigger, then I tried on the first pair to see if it was just the shape of the jeans but my butt still looked way bigger. Why did it seem bigger than it was 10 minutes ago ?
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Ok, but also (not sure if this is related) I was trying on my jeans to throw away what didn't fit any more and I was looking at my butt (you know to see if they fit) and with every pair of jeans I tried on my butt got bigger and bigger, then I tried on the first pair to see if it was just the shape of the jeans but my butt still looked way bigger. Why did it seem bigger than it was 10 mins ago ?
    Either it really was the shape of the jeans, or you were so freaked out that your butt looked bigger that you might have been imagining it bigger. :)

Sep 7, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Ok, because I wasn't too sure and it kind of freaked me out. Also I think that I will eat more healthily, especially since I almost passed out today. Thanks =)

Sep 8, 2007, 01:44 AM
    Diet Pills?
    I'm still trying to lose weight, so I'm doing everything I can to do so. My question is that if I were to take my mom's diet pills, what would happen? Would there be side-effects? Would I die? Seriously what would happen. I'm 13, 5'4", 114 lbs(I know I'm fat please don't comment harshly on it), and the pills are called Relecore and they are for adult use only.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2007, 01:49 AM
    You are only 13. The pills are for adult use only. You are not an adult.

The prescription is for your mother, not for you. You have no right to take her pills.

You are a perfect weight for your height.

Sep 8, 2007, 01:55 AM
    I'll be 14 in march, there is no perscription for the pills, my mom bought the pills with my money, and I'm not a perfect wieght for my height. I'm REALLY fat, seriously.

Sep 8, 2007, 11:08 PM
    Confused about diet pills.
    Hey Everyone,
    I'm trying to lose weight and doing everything I can to do so. So I've been thinking about taking some diet pills. The thing is the only diet pills I have acess to are my mom's, they are called Relacore and they are for adult use only. I'm 13, 5'4", 115 lbs:eek: (I know I'm fat:( ), Do you think that if I took the pills they would have side effects, or harm me or anything?:confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

So confused! [ 5 Answers ]

Well ever since Monday I just have had this great powerful feeling that my parents are hiding something from me I have benn praying about it. Can't tell I exactly what it is be because it will take to long. But I just asked my mom if she was hiding something and she freaked out and got mad and...

Please HELP ME ! I'm so confused! [ 1 Answers ]

a closed box with a square base is made of material that's costs 10$ per m squared for the top and bottom and 5$ per meter squared for the sides. express the cost of the box as a function of x and h. ( h being the height and x being the length and width) if the voloume is 8 meters cubed than...

View more questions Search