Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 11:46 PM
    It is very unsafe for you to take your mothers diet pills.
    The pills were designed for overweight adults and will make you very sick.

5'4 and 115 lbs would make you 5 lbs underweight NOT overweight.
    At 5'4 the least you should weigh is 120 lbs.

I'm 5'4 with medium frame and my doctor told me I should weigh no less than 125 lbs.
    The avg weight for a 5'4 female, depending on body frame, should be between 120 lbs and (142 I think) lbs.

I think you're being too hard on yourself...
    X0Ximperfection Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 12:15 AM
    I used to weigh 125-128 lbs I was so depressed I was thinking of suicide, now I purge and cut myself but at least I'm not thinking about actually killing myself. I thinkI should weigh 95 or 86 lbs, my mom was 86 lbs in grade 9. I's there much else I can do to lose weight(besides laxatives)? I mean I already eat next to nothing.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 01:22 AM
    Your mother could have been shorter than you or have a different build than you at that age.
    Everyone's body grows differently.
    I'm 31 years old and 5'4...
    When I was in 9th grade, I got made fun of because I was like an undeveloped runt...
    You are a perfect size!

You've stated some very disturbing things that are going to make you very ill if it's not changed.

1) If you are taking laxatives to loose weight, your bowels are going to stop functioning on their own leading to a toxic build up in your system.
    Not being able to properly go to the bathroom regularly is going to cause big problems plus weight gain (which you obviously don't want).

2) Purging is extremely bad for your body.
    It causes an imbalance in electrolytes, inflammation of the esophagus, salivary glands, and the jaw.
    It causes problems with teeth, gums, and lips (among other things).

3) Cutting yourself leaves scars and is self mutilating.
    I've heard people recommend wearing a rubber band around their wrist and popping themselves with it instead of cutting. Maybe you should try this instead of cutting.

I personally feel that for your own wellbeing, you should find someone to talk to about your problems.
    Maybe a school counselor or someone you trust.
    You are not fat! And I'm starting to think this is more of an emotional issue, so it would be wise to seek help now before things get worse.

What do you think? Do you have anyone you could go to for help?

Sep 10, 2007, 11:08 PM
    So Overwieght.. .
    I'm so overwieght:( , I'll do almost anything to lose some. Can anyone suggest certain exercises, low-cal energy drinks, natural or "safe" deit pills, etc:confused: . I do not have acess to lots of things nor do I have too much money (I have an allowance of 20$ per week, but I don't always receive my money). Anything would really be great. I'd like lose 16 lbs at the VERY least:o . Please reply to my question, but even If you don't thax for viewing:) .
    sadeep Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 08:59 AM
    I think more vegetable and less meat is helpful for your health,trot every morning or rope-skipping.Drink more water not beer;Coke.
    That is my experience!
    If you don't like trot or rope-skipping,you can try to playBasketball;tennis;etc
    remember:HOLD ON!

GOOD LUCK!:)

Sep 11, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sadeep
    I think more vegetable and less meat is helpful for your health,trot every morning or rope-skipping.Drink more water not beer;Coke.
    that is my experience!
    if you dont like trot or rope-skipping,you can try to playBasketball;tennis;etc
    remember:HOLD ON!

GOOD LUCK!:)

Thanks, I'll try that!:D
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Sep 11, 2007, 03:44 PM
    You shouldn't be starving yourself. Eat healthy foods, say NO to junk foods. If you are getting take-away foods, get something that is healthy from the menu. You have lost 10 pounds! That's good, but eat healthy and exercise regulary
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Try eating natural. Fruits vegetables and lean meats. Plenty of water, no soda, teas, energy drinks. No candy or fast food. Try walking if you can't exercise and good luck
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Sep 11, 2007, 03:57 PM
    okαy wow-- your 13 αnd obsessed with your wieght-- this is crαzy. Where did you get this from? TV, your mom... wow

first off your in your normαl BMI so thαts greαt-- don't tαke diet pills. I've tαken them αnd you know whαt you do lose wieght but you gαin it bαck when you get off [it's not like your going to fork over 40$+ monthly for pills-- PLUS you don't hαve α job to pαy for it], the cheαper the pills the more the dαmαge αnd remember you hαve to tαke them for αt leαst 8 weeks to get αny results.. so good luck on thαt-- oh yeα since your you know young αnd αll it could αffect you, mess up your growth, lose some hαir, not get your period, get UTI's [got thαt one], kindey problems, liver problems.. oh αnd die.. forgot αbout thαt one there...

second when you sαy fαt I'm thinking you hαve α "jelly belly" or wiggly legs.. well you know whαt work out-- sitting on the couch wαtching "mαlcom in the middle" won't help you tone up.. so stαrt jogging, if your mom lets you or whαtever join α curves it's greαt-- it's only for women αnd they're αre usuαlly older ones plus you don't hαve to go through the whole gym phαse where there αre much older men αnd well your young so you should rαther be in α women's workout plαce... αnother thing is sports, I know your going to school so there must be some sports you'd like to try or good αt even if you αren't it's worth α shot.. αnother thing you cαn do it join α yogα or pilαtes clαss, get some workout dvd's αnd follow the progrαm.. It's not losing wieght it's the INCHES thαt count.. so go αheαd αnd tone up.. αll you need is dedicαtion..

second of αll eαting: YOU NEED TO EAT! If you don't eαt for long periods your body stαrts eαting it's own fαt or whαtever αnd when you DO eαt YOU BLOW UP-- SO YOU GET FATTER.. eαt! I'm not sαying eαt whαtever I'm sαying eαt good foods.. you don't wαnt to be fαt don't eαt junk food or pop.. you wαnt to lose wieght eαt less sαlty foods αnd sugαry ones.. stick to α nutritionαl diet where you EAT BREAKFAST! Breαkfαst keeps you going --plus it hαs it's αdvαntαges in school.. if you don't wαnt to be stupid eαt breαkfαst.. I'm not sαying either to pig out.. eαt rαtionαl portions.. if you wαnt to pig out go αheαd αnd mαke yourself α fruit sαlαd..

eαting right keeps you right..

lαstly: YOUR 13 YOUR BODY IS STILL GROWING! Your fαt is going to your boobies αnd guess whαt not eαting αnd being αnorexic/ bulimic = no boobies.. your still growing you need your "bαby fαt" to grow tαller, put curves in your body to look like α womαn! Geeze relαx you'll be 19 in no time αnd then you'll be complαining αbout men αnd how they look αt you like α piece of meαt..

remember : losing wieght isn't α one dαy or quick- scheming process it tαkes α while αnd dedicαtion..when you do get there you'll be hαppy αnd proud of αll the work you did
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by X0Ximperfection
    I used to weigh 125-128 lbs I was so depressed I was thinking of suicide, now I purge and cut myself but at least I'm not thinking about actually killing myself. I thinkI should weigh 95 or 86 lbs, my mom was 86 lbs in grade 9. I's there much else I can do to lose weight(besides laxatives) ?, I mean I already eat next to nothing.

You don't need to lose weight you need psychological counselling-you are obsessed with weight loss and the "quick solution",(pills etc.) I think you have an eating disorder.

A. if you want to lose weight you first need to find out if you need to. You need to know your healthy weight range using a BMI chart. See here: Body mass index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

B. IF the BMI chart gives you an overweight for age/height reading then you may progress onto the step below. (C.)
    IF you are fine as per the BMI index-(as I suspect you will be) go and ask your parents to book you in for counselling-because (as I see it) by mutilating and using diet pills you have an eating disorder and you need help-NOT A DIET.

C. eat healthy foods and have moderate excercise- at 13 you are still growing and your body needs fat and muscle equally distributed around your body and concentrated within certain other areas (breasts, hips, thighs).

Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

So confused! [ 5 Answers ]

Well ever since Monday I just have had this great powerful feeling that my parents are hiding something from me I have benn praying about it. Can't tell I exactly what it is be because it will take to long. But I just asked my mom if she was hiding something and she freaked out and got mad and...

Please HELP ME ! I'm so confused! [ 1 Answers ]

a closed box with a square base is made of material that's costs 10$ per m squared for the top and bottom and 5$ per meter squared for the sides. express the cost of the box as a function of x and h. ( h being the height and x being the length and width) if the voloume is 8 meters cubed than...

View more questions Search