Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 12, 2005, 11:05 AM
    Sending handy data to my PC
    I have this beautiful Siemens CX70 handy that takes still and moving pictures, but the book does not explain how I can send them to myself per email. Can someone please stir me in the right direction? I'm new at SMS MMS, etc. and would really like some simple help so that I can use my gift to it's fullest. Thanks. Is there a site that explains this step by step in simple language? I'm 54 and know a lot about computers because I worked with them, but there is always something new to learn...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2005, 11:47 AM
    Absolutely no manual or CDROM came with the phone?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2005, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    I have this beautiful Siemens CX70 handy that takes still and moving pictures, but the book does not explain how I can send them to myself per email. Can someone please stir me in the right direction? I'm new at SMS MMS, etc. and would really like some simple help so that I can use my gift to it's fullest. Thanks. Is there a site that explains this step by step in simple language? I'm 54 and know a lot about computers because I worked with them, but there is always something new to learn...
    Did you look here:

http://communications.siemens.com/cd...rNrNrN,00.html
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2005, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Good find Scott. The link to the PDF manual is here: http://com-download.siemens.com/download.jsp?file=76320
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 13, 2005, 05:34 AM
    :) Thank you both for your help. I'll keep you posted. Chery
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 13, 2005, 06:05 AM
    The first link was an oops, and Scott's link was the one where you fill out everything including the phone number, that's to configure it all, and I downloaded the manuals. Now I just have to learn how to SMS with those little keys and bad eyes, but I'll make it. Thanks again for your help ! Wish me luck... Since the phone was a gift in Germany the manual was in german, so I'm glad I was able to get help from you... and NOPE, no software at all included. I guess that E-plus wants to make money off customers too. I did check with them, but they had no English help, just like Telecom over here, they like your money but don't help you with your language, a shame...

Sep 13, 2005, 06:07 AM
    Glad to assist. Good luck with it.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 13, 2005, 06:26 AM
    Boy there will be a lot of reading. I know you guys are busy with other issues but I just want to thank you again for your help.;)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2005, 06:09 AM
    Help
    Hi,
    No one at this site is "too busy with other things"... Most here do nothing except answer questions to the best of their ability.
    Some are on the computer 24/7... so ask away!!
    Glad you got some good help.
    fredg
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 14, 2005, 06:20 AM
    Thanks fredg, glad to find people like you around. I also spend almost the same amount of time on the net, and in wondir, helping in the areas that I can. People seem to forget that my generation also have some advice to give after living over 50 years, there has to be some kind of info in the noggin. I also enjoy 'talking' to people and since I'm stuck to home due to cancer, I still like to talk to people and 'give my share' to the world, instead of just fading away. You are all a pretty good bunch of people and I'm glad I found this forum!

Chery

Sep 14, 2005, 10:30 AM
    Hi Chery,
    This is a good place to get help. There are many such places on the WEB of varying focus and quality.

The fact is that most of the people here are NOT on 24/7 and DO have other things to do with their lives. But we enjoy helping others so we monitor places like this to share our knowledge. Please feel free to post any questions you want to. Who ever can answer will to the best of their ability. Most of the people here are very knowledgeable and very good. There are a few that think they know more than they do. So don't always take the first answer as gospel. If someone posts misinformation someone else will usually correct it within 24 hours.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 14, 2005, 11:25 AM
    Thanks scott. I like to read and/or listen to many opinions and then make my choices and the more ideas the merrier! That's what makes us so unique, we can have ideas and share them with others, what they do with it is their choice.

Maybe sometime you'll see me answering some questions somewhere in here, then you can let me know what you think of them. Also, I like to make coloring books for kids in PDF format and will be happy to send them to anyone who wants some for free, (these are at least 30 page volumes, and not cheaply made from colored graphics, scans, etc from A to Z- I worked hard on them and enjoyed it very much), so just email me if you know kids who like to color - I like being of use to others and that's one of my ways to make myself useful at this stage of life. I've always been a 'people person' and it's scary to be old and sick now - don't get to share much anymore. Thanks again.

Sep 14, 2005, 05:36 PM
    Chery,
    I have no desire to inhibit you from listening to anyone. I'm sure you will quickly see the patterns and learn who is to be trusted and who isn't.

You might want to browse around the parenting categories here and you can attach your coloring books to a post there.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 14, 2005, 05:50 PM
    Nice to 'hear' from you again Scott, thanks I will do that. I already got one request and it will be fun to do. You have a wonderful day!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 16, 2005, 01:14 AM
    Another queston about this handy
    When I turn my handy on, and intend to leave it on all day, why would it turn itself off, making me turn in on again an putting my PIN in again. I already took it to a shop and they loaded the newest software, but it still happens. Could it be the battery? It's only 2 months old?

Oct 16, 2005, 06:27 AM
    Its probably a power saving feature. Cell phone batteries don't last too long and they power down when idle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sending photos via email [ 4 Answers ]

Recipients have difficulty opening photo attachments or say they take whole page or 2 pages. My OS is Windows SE, 500Mhz, 191Mb Ram, 14 GB available hard drive, have comcast cable and Outlook Express 6.0 Isave photos as jpg files, either scanning in or using card reader for my memory card from my...

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Sending email [ 2 Answers ]

Until recently I have been able to open "My documents"- double click on a picture or file and then be able to click on: file-send-page by email. Then I could send from my isp address to my hotmail and Yahoo accounts. I am no longer able to do this. I am not sure what or how it was changed. I have...

Sending mp3 files over the net... [ 4 Answers ]

Not sure if this falls down the category of mp3's bit anwho... I just registered because I could really use some help. When I want to send a file over the net, a music file I use this site www.yousendit.com but I don’t think its working all that well anymore because I asked a friend of mine to...

Sending music by email [ 7 Answers ]

I want to send a song from my music library on my computer. I want to send this so that it plays in my email. How can I do this.

View more questions Search