Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    think_pink Posts: 124, Reputation: 5

Sep 5, 2007, 05:36 PM
    Any good books worth reading?
    I love reading I can't sleep without reading a book
    So I was wondering
    Does anyone have any recommendations?
    I kind prefer reading love stories and that kind of stuff but any recommendations will do
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Diana Gaboldon, her books are great. The first one is The Outlander there are six books in that series. They are all good reads.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 05:44 PM
    I just gave this recommendation on another thread. Diana Gabaldon has a series that starts with Outlander. It is part historical fiction, part fantasy, and has a great love story. Her characters feel like people to me. I got to meet Mrs. Gabaldon this summer and she is quite a character.

I love Anne McCaffrey's PERN series as well. It follows a community from advanced scientists who due to a worldwide catastophe end up back to a bronze age lifestyle. There are dragons and all kinds of fun things. There are many books in that series, but they don't all have to be read in a particular order.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Sara Donati has a good series out as well. The first book is Into The Wilderness. In fact in one of her books she refers to a couple of characters in Diana Gabaldon book
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 08:24 PM
    If you are interested in love stories then you would LOVE anything written by Nicholas Sparks! Tear jerkers!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 08:29 PM
    If you want a sexy detective, try the Stephanie Plum mystery series by Janet Evanovich. Stephanie has two men after her heart--dark, dangerous bail bondsman Ranger and cool, homebody cop Joe Morelli. You'll chuckle on every page but swoon every time Ranger suddenly appears and says, "Babe."

Start with the first one, One For the Money, and read them in order for the best continuity. Even Stephanie's grandma occasionally gets into the action and has a thing about motorcycles. And Lula!! The series wouldn't be the same without Lula!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 02:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by think_pink
    I love reading i can't sleep without reading a book
    so i was wondering
    does anyone have any recommendations?
    i kind prefer reading love stories and that kind of stuff but any recommendations will do

Try "Mistral's Daughter" by Judith Krantz.

If you love,love stories, have you tried "The Love story" by Erich Segal.

How about Jude Devereux books?Have you tried them.

"Ashes in the Wind" by Kathleen E. Woddiweiss.

Or maybe the classics like "Mill on the Floss", "Jane Eyre","Little Women" and its sequel "Good Wives", "Wuthering Heights".

I will add some more as I recall the ones I have read... :)
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 6, 2007, 04:57 AM
    The Death Series by J D Robb aka Nora Roberts. They are good too if you like mysteries
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 06:23 AM
    I remembered another wonderful series by Mercedes Lackey called the Bardic Voices. The books are:

Lark and the Wren
    Robin & the Kestrel, The
    Eagle and the Nightingales
    Four and Twenty Blackbirds

Each contain a great love story and are intermingled, but stand alone as well. I also have been enjoying the books out of her 500 Kingdom series of which she has only released 2. They are great stories and are funny, too.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult-
    Blue Smoke- Nora Roberts
    Irish Trilogy - Nora Roberts

Sep 6, 2007, 04:04 PM
    All give all the books a try:)
    Thanks you
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 9, 2007, 01:29 PM
    I only read horror novels. The best I've read are Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon, Phantoms by Dean Koontz, Late at Night ( I forget the author & it's hard to find ), & Sins of the Flesh by Don & Jay Davis ( also hard to find ).

Sep 9, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Thanks everyone for all their seggustions ill try to read all of them :)
    MOKHALAKE Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Sep 11, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by think_pink
    I love reading i can't sleep without reading a book
    so i was wondering
    does anyone have any recommendations?
    i kind prefer reading love stories and that kind of stuff but any recommendations will do
    Princess you can read a wonderful book by Orieh Montain Dreamer which is called the Invitation.
    If you are wandering where I am from. I am from South Africa. Have a nice reading and gaining knowledge life.
    MOKHALAKE Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Sep 11, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Princess you can read a wonderful book by Orieh Mountain Dreamer which is called the Invitation.
    If you are wandering where I am from. I am from South Africa. Have a nice reading and gaining knowledge life.
    Death_Maniac Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Paulo Coelho's books and they're really really * good books about love and spirituality.

The Alchemist (about following your dreams)
    The Zahir (A novel of Obsession)
    The fifth mountain (about love and faith)
    Veronica Decides To Die (about love, insanity, and a little philosophy mixed in
    The Valkyries (a test of love)(I think?? )

Well, they're all good books on the lessons of life, love, and faith 8-D

* = REALLY!!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Hello there! If you want to check out my posting "Someone give me something to read" there are literally TONS of amazing recommendations.

I recommend Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. It was recommended to me by a dear person, and I can only tell you that it will captivate you.
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 21, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Do you like the emotional tearjerkers? Read 'go ask alice' it's a diary of a 16-19 year old girl thrown into a messy world of sex and drugs, sounds a little hard to swallow but because its in a diary format, the mmain attraction is the way alice deals with her strife, I read it and developed C.P.T syndrome
    Gloriouss Posts: 10, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 21, 2008, 10:41 AM
    What about D Vicni Code by Don Brown and
    The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo, and
    The Ramayana and The Mahabharta (both by RK Narayan)
    And William Shakespeare's PLAYS
    And ENS's stuff
    And John KEATS for poetry
    And TS Eliot and
    So so so many

I am like u and can not sleep without finishing a book, but it is a bit tough.
    Not? Do u read one book per day?
    Honestly tell. I love reading, and my hubby and my God, and now my daughter too, but still writing is my first and the last love. Now I have child being breastfed (pain here, ooch!)and still I am writing and reading, here on net.
    Death_Maniac Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Paulo Coelho's books and they're really really * good books about love and spirituality.

The Alchemist (about following your dreams)
    The Zahir (A novel of Obsession)
    The fifth mountain (about love and faith)
    Veronica Decides To Die (about love, insanity, and a little philosophy mixed in
    The Valkyries (a test of love)(I think?? )

Well, they're all good books on the lessons of life, love, and faith 8-D

* = REALLY!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jazz shoes. Good or not good fit? [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a new pair of jazz shoes the other day for dance. My old jazz shoes were much cheaper (from payless) and fit on my feet just right. Now I just got capezio jazz shoes that are much nicer and have nicer leather and such. But they are tight is this normal? How should jazz shoes fit on your...

Self-worth - what do you do to take care of your self-worth? [ 21 Answers ]

I think we are all so great to take care of others, however how can we learn to take care of ourselves more? What things can one do to take care of their own self-worth, self-respect, etc.

A book worth reading. [ 28 Answers ]

A Child Called It: One Child's Courage to Survive By David J. Pelzer I do recommend those who like non-fiction and those who like fiction to read this book... It is not for the faint hearted...

Want roommate out (This is Good Reading at least!) [ 4 Answers ]

My mother and I are joint-tenants on a lease. It was set up that way because the landlord wanted me to co-sign for her (I had my own apartment at the time). Since she is on a fixed income, the plan has always been for her to have a roommate to help with the rent. She currently rents the spare...

Read any good books lately? [ 29 Answers ]

I'm always looking for something new and interesting to read! Does anyone have any suggestions?

View more questions Search