Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 12, 2005, 10:48 AM
    Data types
    A friend in the Wondir forum wants to know what data types mean, is there a simple explanation? Or should I refer him to the Princeton knowledge base?
    Thanks for your help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2005, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    A friend in the Wondir forum wants to know what data types mean, is there a simple explanation? Or should I refer him to the Princeton knowledge base?
    Thanks for your help.
    Can you explain the context. The phrase could have different meanings depending on context. For example, in database design they refer to the different field types like text, number, date/time etc.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 13, 2005, 05:27 AM
    Data types
    I'm not sure he just stated 'data types'. I'm assuming that he meant all types of data i.e. files with different extensions or *.dat files in general. I referred him to the Princeton knowledgebase site too, so I hope he got some answer by now. Thanks for reponding, and have a good day.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 13, 2005, 06:08 AM
    If he's referring to File Types (i.e. a file extension), then there are a few listings like www.whatis.com.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 13, 2005, 06:16 AM
    I should have thought of that too. I made a PDF out of that for myself a while back. Thanks for reminding me and I'll refer him to there also.Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Grass types? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you tell what type of grass you have so you can re-seed your lawn?

Types of gun [ 16 Answers ]

How many types of guns are there?

Blood types? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend really wants to have a baby. Well, not at the moment, but she wants to be ABLE to have a baby. She read somewhere that people with Type O blood can NOT reproduce unless their partner has a negative blood type. Now, I'm having a hard time understanding this because apperently O blood...

Modem Types [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Could anyone advise me on what I have to do if I currently have a broadband connection (all connected up and installed) in my home but my PC only seems to have a 56k modem installed. Ie: Is there still a way I can connect to the internet on my PC via my broadband cable? The connector on the...

View more questions Search