Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    georgedye8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Painful lump on labia
    I have a very painful lump on my labia. I wear poise due to urinary incontinence. Could this be the reason. I have read that cyst and bartholin cysts do not hurt. This is very painful. I can hardly sit or walk. Will it go away on its own?
    mrsin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by georgedye8
    I have a very painful lump on my labia. I wear poise due to urinary incontinence. could this be the reason. I have read that cyst and bartholin cysts do not hurt. this is very painful. I can hardly sit or walk. will it go away on its own?
    You might have herpes (which can lay dormant in the body for years). 1 in 5 has it! Get checked and try the supplement Lysine to help it go away.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Agree with the use of lysine, std? Contact your gyno and make an appointment. Maybe they can help with the incontinance as well
    reccles Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Sep 6, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Although a Bartholin's cyst is usually not painful, if it becomes infected/abscessed then it can be EXTREMELY painful - much as you describe. If infected, it my rupture and start to heal on its own after 3 to 4 days. Call your doctor if you have a lot of pain or a fever.

You can take a nonprescription pain medication such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) to relieve the pain. To help healing, soak the area in a shallow, warm bath, or sitz bath. Do not have sex while a Bartholin cyst is healing.

If a Bartholin gland abscess comes back several times, your doctor may surgically remove (marsupialize) the gland and duct.

The above is for information purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should always contact your personal physician with any questions or concerns.
    beedy37 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 11:07 PM
    What kiind of treatment do you use for this painful bump that is located on my labia, the outer side of your vagina?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful lump next to ear on jaw [ 11 Answers ]

This lump is beginning to be painful and is located in front of my ear over the hinge for my left jaw. I have noticed that it extends into the muscles at the back of my throat. Could this be stress related, I lost my husband a month ago and have been going through a terrible time. Any help...

Bump on labia majora [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an 18 year old and one day in the shower I looked down and saw that my labia majora was way larger than the other one and had a lump on it!! I figured it was an ingrown hair, later that day it started to drain and I thought "oh good, it's going down" but the next day it started hurting much...

Very painful lump behind ear [ 4 Answers ]

I have a big hard very painful lump behind my ear, its been there for 2 weeks and feels lke my skin is bieng stretched to the max it hurts so bad. I also have lumps in my head but the seem to be going no idea if they are all related!

Bump on my labia [ 5 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed a hard pea sized bump on my labia majora. I do shave there, so I figured it was an ingrown hair. I squeezed it and a little discharge came out and it was sore and swollen for a couple days, but when the swelling went down, I thought it was on the road to recovery....

My labia is swollen. I think it may my be an ingrown hair. What can I do? Need help! [ 2 Answers ]

I need help for an ingrown hair on my labia.

View more questions Search