Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AntJon82 Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Sep 5, 2007, 02:09 PM
    I need opinion for my girlfriend and me how to treat her an our failing relationship
    OK i have and on and off again gurlfriend named geneva she's 20 and im 24 i work anD she dont work, we had a premature baby boy back on july 1st 2007 he came out the hospital on fri august 31st to go home too her and since the baby has COME HOME SHE HASNT CALLED ME OR SHOWED ME THE LOVE AND ATTENTION AND THE PHYSICAL LOVE SHE ONCE DID I MEAN IN know the baby need its mother and all but i feel that she has lost interest in me and might be cheating on me or getting attention from another guy or ONE OF HER EX's. I dont know how to handle this i had a female friend talk to her for me cause what's she is goin thru since the baby came home is a female problem that i want to understand but can't but SHOULD I BE WORRIED THAT SHE NEEDS SPACE OR IS CHEATING or Just tending to the baby as she is supposed. its so bad she dont even tell me she loves me or misses me anymore i have to make her say it SE EVEN SPEAK ABOUT THE BABY AS SAYING MY CHILD AND NOT OURS. HOW DO I HANDLE ALL THIS??? that and her house is mad crazy right now she has social workers coming to her house all the time i think and she takes the baby to the docter alot for his shots and other stuff on TOP OF THAT SHE MIGHT B PREGNANT AGAIN BY ME but also me and her have to go to court on sept 11th for the baby she has so i can know if he's my son. BUT I FEEL LIKE IM LOSING HER SHE DONT EVEN CALL ME 5-6 TIMES A DAY ANYMORE IM LUCK IF GET 1-2 CALLS FROM HER AND SHE DONT EVEN STAY ON THE PHONE OVEr 10mins. am i jealous of a infant baby no but i just want my gurl and our relationship like it was when the baby was in the hospital but i know it will not be but WHAT CAN I DO TO GET OUR LOVE BACK we where only having sex twice a week but both times it was good. her period hasnt come for i guess 2 weeks is it possible she preg AGAIN?? please help:confused:

Just to let ya know we don't live together i live in newak nj and she lives in brooklyn nyc bed stuy to the exact, and i want to help her as much as possible anyway i can. I work but she those not im 24 be 25 in oct and she is 20 and she has 6 other sibling from 16-1/2 years so she never gets any sleep or barely unless she comes to my house to chill but i want to be a part of my son and her life i love n care about her i dropped off a hand writing letter today for her she got it. I need help i want ot help her the best way i can but how can i?? She deserves better

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 02:19 PM
    I've had two children. The last thing I wanted for at least three months after the babies were born was sex. My insides and my outsides were still healing. I would never have even thought about cheating. There wouldn't have been time!!

Your baby just came home last Friday. A preemie means tons of work -- far more than what a regular baby needs. It sounds like your girlfriend is trying to be a good mom and get the baby off to a good start. Doesn't the fact that there are social workers all over the place tell you this?

Have you been over to your gf's place to see what all goes on? Change a few poopy diapers and listen to the baby crying without losing your mind and do a few loads of laundry and stop worrying about sex and cheating. Trust me, those two things are NOT on your gf's mind!!
    dreamangel226 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Okay first things first. She has a premature baby on July 1, 2007 and the baby just came home. There is stress and worrying involved just from the baby being a preemie and what problems come with that. She is hormonal, stressed, worried and a whole other host of emotions. That's the first thing that you have to understand. My son was born March 26, 2007 (2 months early) and it is not an easy thing to go through. And then she must make sure that the house is up to the standards of the social worker and that is also very stressful when you just want to enjoy your new baby and make sure she is OK. She could also be going through her postpartum. Sex is probably the last thing on her mind because she is probably tired, stressed, etc. Do you help with the baby? Do you try to give her a break from the baby so she can have a bit of time to herself? All of that is important. Secondly, you say that you guys have court to see if the baby is your's. How do you think that makes her feel? That causes more stress on her. And then you want her to give you more sex, but you question the baby that you guys have. That probably makes her feel betrayed, inadequate and hurt, so to protect herself, she distances herself from you. Think about what she is going through and what you are asking. She is taking on a lot right now and if she has no help or support, then you should be that support if you love her. She's emotional and going through a tough time right now so take caution in the things that you say and be careful not to nag or apply too much pressure. It's not uncommon for men to feel as though they are not getting any attention now that a new baby has arrived, but just remember that she's new to this and she's probably trying to get as adjusted to a new situation as you are.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Get over there and help the girl out. She is over worked and overtiered. She's most likely mad at you and I don't blame her

Sep 5, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    I've had two children. The last thing I wanted for at least three months after the babies were born was sex. My insides and my outsides were still healing. I would never have even thought about cheating. There wouldn't have been time!!!

Your baby just came home last Friday. A preemie means tons of work -- far more than what a regular baby needs. It sounds like your gf is trying to be a good mom and get the baby off to a good start. Doesn't the fact that there are social workers all over the place tell you this?

Have you been over to your gf's place to see what all goes on? Change a few poopy diapers and listen to the baby crying without losing your mind and do a few loads of laundry and stop worrying about sex and cheating. Trust me, those two things are NOT on your gf's mind!!!!!

Well i went to her house today and it was dirty and our baby was sleep she was at the local hospital with siblings, she seems like she don't want to be bothered with me im so depressed and miss her love i mean the baby comes first.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Why didn't you get to work to clean house and wash dishes??

P.S. Even I would start loving you, if you washed my dishes and cleaned my house. You'll be fighting her off if you help out instead of complain. (Women's romantic feelings begin in their heads, with how guys handle day-to-day stuff like taking out the garbage and helping with the laundry.)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 02:51 PM
    I agree with Wondergirl. She will respond more to you if you help out around the house and with the baby. She has a lot to take care of and if you aren't helping she probably is mad at you. If you think you are depressed, how do you think she feels?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 5, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Check out the sites in blue...

BabyCenter -- Advice for New Dads

While you are waiting and watching her be busy around the place and taking care of the baby, try catching up on some stuff you could have been checking out together during her pregnancy.

The site also goes to beginning of pregnancy and shows you the progress. Just in case (and it could well be because you could not wait and did not use protection) that you are going to become a dad again... this time I doubt if you need a paternity test though.

Pregnancy: So you're going to be a dad

This one deals a bit more with becoming a dad.

So, if you can't help her around the house or with the baby, the least you can do is read up and learn so that you can understand and respect what she is doing. Get used to it because your life has changed a lot too, and it will never be "like it was before". What's important now is your attitude towards your "family".

For starters you could tell her the baby is beautiful and that your glad they both made it home safely.

Happy parenting!

Sep 5, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamangel226
    Okay first things first. She has a premature baby on July 1, 2007 and the baby just came home. There is stress and worrying involved just from the baby being a preemie and what problems come with that. She is hormonal, stressed, worried and a whole other host of emotions. That's the first thing that you have to understand. My son was born March 26, 2007 (2 months early) and it is not an easy thing to go through. And then she must make sure that the house is up to the standards of the social worker and that is also very stressful when you just want to enjoy your new baby and make sure she is ok. She could also be going through her postpartum. Sex is probably the last thing on her mind because she is probably tired, stressed, etc. Do you help with the baby? Do you try to give her a break from the baby so she can have a bit of time to herself? All of that is important. Secondly, you say that you guys have court to see if the baby is your's. How do you think that makes her feel? That causes more stress on her. And then you want her to give you more sex, but you question the baby that you guys have. That probably makes her feel betrayed, inadequate and hurt, so to protect herself, she distances herself from you. Think about what she is going through and what you are asking. She is taking on alot right now and if she has no help or support, then you should be that support if you love her. She's emotional and going through a tough time right now so take caution in the things that you say and be careful not to nag or apply too much pressure. It's not uncommon for men to feel as though they are not getting any attention now that a new baby has arrived, but just remember that she's new to this and she's probably trying to get as adjusted to a new situation as you are.

I have been too selfish ya right i just got off the phone with her i asked her and told her i want to help but i live in newark nj and she lives in brooklyn ny so it takes time to get too her

Sep 5, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I agree with Wondergirl. She will respond more to you if you help out around the house and with the baby. She has a lot to take care of and if you arent helping she probably is mad at you. If you think you are depressed, how do you think she feels?
    We don't live together ok and she lives with her mom and seven other siblings

Sep 5, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AntJon82
    I HAVE BEEN TOO SELFISH YA RIGHT I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HER I ASKED HER AND TOLD HER I WANT TO HELP BUT I LIVE IN NEWARK NJ AND SHE LIVES IN BROOKLYN NY SO IT TAKES TIME TO GET TOO HER

It might be hard but just remember that any little gesture of support will mean SOOOO much, it really will. Don't give up. Even if it's just sending her a card in the mail telling her how much she means to you or how much you care will go a long way, I promise you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 03:11 PM
    So when you visit, you help around her place and learn how to take care of the baby. Be agreeable and useful and show her what a man can do to tell his woman he loves her.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 5, 2007, 03:22 PM
    On another note, have you thought of what you will do if she is pregnant again. Did you two plan on living together at some point or was she just good enough for sex? (Don't answer here, just think) These questions might seem very personal right now, but these and many others are questions that the mother of your child is asking.. maybe not outloud, but they are there.. I hope that you plan on answering some of her unspoken questions sometime soon.

Also, next time, after any more of your children are born, respect the mother enough to wait at least six weeks before having sex, and use a condom (not only to prevent pregnancy but to prevent INFECTIONS), because she is still healing.

So, what is the baby's name?

Sep 5, 2007, 03:27 PM
    It might be hard but just remember that any little gesture of support will mean SOOOO much, it really will. Don't give up. Even if it's just sending her a card in the mail telling her how much she means to you or how much you care will go a long way, i promise you.

I wrote her a letter and after I got out of class I came to her house ot leave it for her so I'm going buy her a card and bear asap

Sep 5, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    On another note, have you thought of what you will do if she is pregnant again. Did you two plan on living together at some point or was she just good enough for sex? (Don't answer here, just think) These questions might seem very personal right now, but these and many others are questions that the mother of your child is asking.. maybe not outloud, but they are there.. I hope that you plan on answering some of her unspoken questions sometime soon.

Also, next time, after any more of your children are born, respect the mother enough to wait at least six weeks before having sex, and use a condom (not only to prevent pregnancy but to prevent INFECTIONS), because she is still healing.

So, what is the baby's name?

To answer you she asked and told me that she couldn't wait 6 weeks she was very horny and if i didn't help she would go elsewhere and at that time we where trying to get back together and we were talking again after months of arging and stress and yes i plan to marry her but if she is going to be so moody i don't know but i have looked like a fool for a long time with she knows how much i love her and care about her but she takes me for granted

Sep 5, 2007, 03:35 PM
    i wrote her a letter and after i got out of class i came to her house ot leave it for her so im goin buy her a card n bear asap
    Regardless of what happens between the two of you, be the BEST FATHER that you can. No matter what, always be there for your children

Sep 5, 2007, 03:35 PM
    TO ANSWER YOU SHE ASKED AND TOLD ME THAT SHE COULDNT WAIT 6 WEEKS SHE WAS VERY HORNY AND IF I DIDNT HELP SHE WOULD GO ELSEWHERE AND AT THAT TIME WE WHERE TRYING TO GET BACK TOGETHER AND WE WERE TALKING AGAIN AFTER MONTHS OF ARGING AND STRESS AND YES I PLAN TO MARRY HER BUT IF SHE IS GOIN TO BE SO MOODY I DONT KNOW BUT I HAVE LOOKED LIKE A FOOL FOR A LONG TIME WITH SHE KNOWS HOW MUCH I LOVE HER AND CARE BOUT HER BUT SHE TAKES ME FOR GRANTED
    His name is Isiah.

Sep 5, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Oh he is absolutely gorgeous and adorable. He is beautiful. Both of you should be so proud that he is here and doing well. He is reason enough to work on it. He is very beautiful and precious. Congrats

Sep 5, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Oh he is absolutely gorgeous and adorable. He is beautiful. Both of you should be so proud that he is here and doing well. He is reason enough to work on it. He is very beautiful and precious. Congrats

Yeah but i don't know if he's mine yes he so cute but i told her i want to be in both there life's i want him to be my son

Sep 5, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Would it be possible for her to move with you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby's mama [ 12 Answers ]

OK this is my problem my husband has a baby girl... the mother is not me duh but she woint let him see her and he has to pay child support... I understand that but doesn't by law she has to let him see his child?. she talk sh*h about him and wants the money but she won't keep up to her end of the...

My baby's father [ 6 Answers ]

Will Jonathan alexander garcia come back for me and his baby? Am I going to have a baby?:(

Trying to get with my baby's daddy. [ 4 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Opinion on baby's name tattoo [ 13 Answers ]

I kind of need suggestions on what my tatto should look like. I just turned 18 and I want to get a tattoo. Nothing extreme but I just had a baby that I named gabriel and I want to get a tattoo with his name. What I need suggestions for is for things like placement, size, and what type of picture...

Baby's sex [ 5 Answers ]

I am 22 weeks pregnant with my second child. Please could you tell me the baby's sex?

View more questions Search